2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right so I've changed in the CTS for a newer 09 CTR GT which I'm looking forward to picking up this weekend. I'm confussed slightly with the USB side and iPod use. I have the poor Honda iPod adapter in the CTS and the dealer has agreed to move it over to the CTR...

Does it even work with the satnav head unit ?
Is there support for the iPod or even better the iPhone with the UBS setup?
Should I have a USB port in the car or is this a seperate optional extra?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
If it is a 09MY model it will have the connector and USB already in the armrest, and your ipod can be controlled from the steering wheel controls
..on the other hand if its an 09 plate BUT on a 08MY model then no USB in the armrest....all 09MY CTR's have the HID headlamp washers if thats any use to ya.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm thats a shame, just got the VIN off the dealer and it is an 08.

Still not sure if the iPod unit works with the satnav head unit ?
Don't suppose adding the USB to the older car is an option?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
even if you got an 09 the usb port in the arm rest doesnt seem to support normal usb plugs (well mine doesnt anyway)

·
The White Knight
1,486 Posts
You get a lead with the 09-ON cars that connects to odd Honda USB which converts to Normal for iPod's and Memory Sticks

Sat Nav models you have full control over iPod Albums, Playlists and Artists Non Sat Nav i belive its Steering Wheel limtied Control

If yours is a 08 i doubt it will have USB in arm rest and it cannot be fitted IIRC

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have a 09 CTR GT non sat nav model but you change the playlists or albums via the left tuning knob on the sterio. its abit complicated to get hang of at first but useful if need to change album or playlist. thought i would share the tip whoever hasnt worked it out yet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You get a lead with the 09-ON cars that connects to odd Honda USB which converts to Normal for iPod's and Memory Sticks
Let me just check what you mean here. If I get an 09my civic I can't just plug in the charging usb computer cable to connect an ipod? Do I have to buy another cable or does the correct cable come with the Civic?

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Mine is 09 with nav. It has usb in, where I plug un the ipod usb cable. I can then control it via the steering wheel and central console. I think if you don't have the nav in a 09 you are limited.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mine is 09 with nav. It has usb in, where I plug un the ipod usb cable. I can then control it via the steering wheel and central console. I think if you don't have the nav in a 09 you are limited.
But which cable, does the car come with a cable or is any ipod usb cable ok? Or do you have to buy something on top?

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Sorry but I must clear this up:p - You are not 'limited' if you don't have Nav built into the car - The 09 models that have a USB in the arm rest (cant comment on the ipod adapter version fitted to 08 cars) give you full and easy control of the ipod. From both the wheel and the radio unit you are not limited in any way. And It is only complicated if you have not read the manual.

I have an XL Live sat nav (as I like to move with the times) a vastly superior model than the £2000 late 90's out of date tat that Honda are still bolting to their cars. :worms: Honestly a useless dvd player in the glove box and locked into Honda upgrade discs for life. It looked out of date in 06 god knows what it will look like in a few years time.:popcorn2:

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Sorry for not making my reply explicitly clear, I was tired last night!

You take your existing ipod usb cable and it fits into a normal usb socket in the centre arm rest. It also has a aux in for any other music device.

If you have the nav you can then easily access all the menus through the controls and clearly see where you are as it is displayed on the nav screen ( this was the limitation I meant before).

If you want to test it out take your ipod and usb cable to the dealer and ask them to demonstrate it. Hope that has made it a bit more clear.

:)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry for not making my reply explicitly clear, I was tired last night!

You take your existing ipod usb cable and it fits into a normal usb socket in the centre arm rest. It also has a aux in for any other music device.

If you have the nav you can then easily access all the menus through the controls and clearly see where you are as it is displayed on the nav screen ( this was the limitation I meant before).

If you want to test it out take your ipod and usb cable to the dealer and ask them to demonstrate it. Hope that has made it a bit more clear.

:)
Ah right nice one, I thought thats how it worked but something posted earlier in the thread had me really confused. Cheers for clearing that up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my ctr has both aux and usb ports in the armrest, it looks like a normal usb but it comes with an adaptor that you plug in and then plug ure ipod usb lead into that. it should come with the adaptor in the armrest already, unless someone stole it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts