2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The new civic 09 thread is really long and i couldnt work out the answer to this. Also thought others might like to have a smaller thread to read on this.

Basically does anyone know for sure if any of the improvments / style changes will fit on current civics. E.g. could you fit the new Type S grill to a current S or 5dr? or can any of the mp3/ipod/usb enhancments be used in current civics? etc....

Cheers

Eddieo

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Apparently you will be able to retro fit any of the new additions, however there is a little confusion over the ipod enhancements ATM.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
I imagine the actual dimensions of the car and bodywork are the same as the older models so in terms of exterior parts there should be no problem. Inside is an unknown at this stage.

·
Registered
414 Posts
it will be interesting to see if the "new" 09 Type S grill will be the same price as the current Type R grill. It wouldnt suprise me if the R grill was more expensive even though it looks the same just because its a Type R part.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
it will be interesting to see if the "new" 09 Type S grill will be the same price as the current Type R grill. It wouldnt suprise me if the R grill was more expensive even though it looks the same just because its a Type R part.:rolleyes:
Which would be a good thing, if that means the 'new' Type S grille is cheaper. :)

I might be tempted if it was less than the Type R one currently costs.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I am relieved that the question was not if you could fit the new 5 door grill on an old car...

New grills will probably fit, jury is out on aux-in.
It will be at least FW upgrade (which may not be available) but may also be hardware upgrade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it's just firmware surely someone will be able to aquire :)

I think i prefer the new S rear lights especially the indicators. It does seem that the pannel fit should be the same so most bits should swap around, not that they have changed that much.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Did anyone ever ascertain whether the USB retro fit requires a new head unit or "just" firmware upgrade for the old one?

If its a head unit, are there many other parts required?

If not does anyone have approximate price for headunit (and USB "translator" box if required)?

I know I keep asking, but I am keen to get a Honda integrated solution that will look and feel as a standard fitment sooner than messing with separate switches and leads.

Thanks in advance.

Stu.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts