2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I have noticed that there are a lot of questions re 'I am buying my new Type R, is it a 2008 or 2009?'.

As we all know each Type R has a plate above the gear shift which shows your number. I assume that these are applied in the order that the car comes off the production line.

I thought that it might be a bit of fun (and informative) if anyone who has purchased or is purchasing a new Type R in 2009 adds their number and date first registered to this thread. Maybe we can work out how long the car has spent in the Honda field? :)

OK......

To kick this off. My wifes new Type R GT in CB was registered on 31st July 2009. It is an 09 model (I checked the spec and the VIN). Its number is R-20402.

What is your number and when was it first registered? Also it would be useful to state the colour :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

I have read earlier threads, but noticed the large number of recent posts about people buying the 09 model. Hence my new thread trying to focus on the 09 model. Also, I thought that adding the registration date and colour might be of interest? Particularly as Honda are currently offering the biggest discounts on the Type R (vs other Civics) - both via dealers and internet sellers in the UK.

Just a bit of 'new' (hopefully informative) fun? :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do CW numbers count or are they different to non CW models ?
Hi Josh

Well your CW model is a bit special and new :). Very nice though!

All I was trying to do in this thread (and I seem to be failing! [smilie=sadlook.gif]) was to recognise that a lot of very new/impending Type R owners are always (understandably) trying to check if their car will be the latest 09 model. So I just thought that listing the R number and registration date would be interesting....................

Anyway, as this is just for fun, please feel free to add whatever you wish! :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I assume that these are applied in the order that the car comes off the production line.
The subject of Type R numbers has been discussed before. They seem to be quite random and non sequential.

We decided that there is a big bag of number plaques at the end of the production line and the just stick any old number on. :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that is a bit depressing..........[smilie=sad.gif]

A 'big bag of numbers' seems to totally undermine all Honda sales efforts at making the plaque mean something special? :confused:

Anyway, thanks for the info.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Well that is a bit depressing..........[smilie=sad.gif]

A 'big bag of numbers' seems to totally undermine all Honda sales efforts at making the plaque mean something special? :confused:

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Of course we could be wrong and it may actually be more organised than that. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts