2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I try and be a bit of a spec geek so after seeing that there is a fair bit of confusion on the specs of 09 vs 08 I thought i'd try and help out :) Admins, feel free to make this a sticky :)

Features the 09YM Type R GT has over the 08YM GT
1. HID headlights, Auto headlight levelling and Headlight washers with switch
2. AUX Jack located in centre console
3. USB Jack with i-POD functionality located in centre console
4. New high level rear brake light - LED-look with many bulbs rather than the previous single bulb
5. Red ambient front footwell lighting
6. Tyre Deflation Warning System (DWS)

Features the 09YM Type R standard model has over the 08YM
1. AUX Jack located in the centre console
2. New high level rear brake light - LED-look with many bulbs rather than the previous single bulb
3. Tyre Deflation Warning System (DWS)

Colour changes
Nighthawk Black is replaced by Crystal Black.

If you've got any questions regarding specs of Civic let me know, I can usually help :D

o :cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Catherine,

They are not LED but they look like LED, if that makes any sense. 'Matrix' is how Hella called their equivallent style of light but Honda don't give this style an actual name.

Thanks,

o :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No probs, and no - only when the side or headlights are being used.

o :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cool. I thought it was only when the interior light's on, and you still need the extra ambient lighting if you want your feet to glow when the headlights are on?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, these are now standard - your feet will be nicely illuminated in red on an 09YM GT!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its quite subtle - if it was too bright it would reflect of the pedals and could be a distraction at night. Its a subtle, premium touch thats nice to have :)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
So there is still no memory seats then

·
Registered
882 Posts
Its quite subtle - if it was too bright it would reflect of the pedals and could be a distraction at night. Its a subtle, premium touch thats nice to have :)
oh i well have to check it out tonight in the dark, never noticed it before so must be relly subtle lol. thanks.

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
How come the Honda site mentions nothing about the HID'S on the GT, surely thats a good selling point as lots of people want them...?? Same with the USB iPod Jack and the DWS for that matter...

Just shocked nothing it written on the Honda site when you look at the car, especially when you config one and it states the extra's the GT has.

·
Banned
365 Posts
How come the Honda site mentions nothing about the HID'S on the GT, surely thats a good selling point as lots of people want them...?? Same with the USB iPod Jack and the DWS for that matter...

Just shocked nothing it written on the Honda site when you look at the car, especially when you config one and it states the extra's the GT has.
Because they haven't updated the site for 09MY

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Because they haven't updated the site for 09MY
How ridiculous is that... Seriously, its important info that people looking on the website would want to know and surely if they want to sell cars they should keep it up to date.

I've just looked around online and think I have found a couple of pics of the 09YM variant in the new black. It looks like the lights across the back are completely different, look smart!!

In shock they can't be bothered to update their website with info and pics though.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lets be honest - if they can't put cars together so they don't rattle like a tin of dried peas then they're not likely to have an up-to-date web site are they????:worms:

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
Ive just ordered my new CTR-09 and the sales man said he thinks it comes with LSD just like the white champ edition is this true

1 - 20 of 32 Posts