2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice. This being my first car I really wanted to add a bit of flair to it (as all young guys do i'm sure).

I have a silver 2012 1.4 Civic ES in manual.

A few things I've already decided on is..

Paint matched wheel arches
18 inch Krypton Alloy Wheels
Window tints. Nothing crazy maybe a 50% or 35% tint. (any advice on how this affects driving?)

I know the 1.4 is an economy engine but is there anything simple I can do to give it abit more kick?

Additionally I want to drop the ride of the car slightly so what type of products are there out there that I can use on my car?

Prices and Links would be appreciated.

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
572 Posts
I need some advice. This being my first car I really wanted to add a bit of flair to it (as all young guys do i'm sure).

I have a silver 2012 1.4 Civic ES in manual.

A few things I've already decided on is..

Paint matched wheel arches
18 inch Krypton Alloy Wheels
Window tints. Nothing crazy maybe a 50% or 35% tint. (any advice on how this affects driving?)

I know the 1.4 is an economy engine but is there anything simple I can do to give it abit more kick?

Additionally I want to drop the ride of the car slightly so what type of products are there out there that I can use on my car?

Prices and Links would be appreciated.
Could do an engine swap? =P k20 engine from an old Type R with the "make it fit attitude" :laugh2::laugh2:

On a serious note, off the shelf aftermarket performance parts are practically non-existent for that 1.4l motor- I don't even think there's an induction kit, but even those do absolutely nothing apart from make noise and create flat spots on NA engines. Depending on cash flow, expertise and imagination, you could do whatever you wanted to it via the custom route- but then, why do that to a 1.4 Civic ES? It'd make an interesting project if you went forced induction, especially if the end goal if added performance whilst staying economic, but that would cost ALOT and people like me would still ask "why?", lol ;) ;) ;).

That said, I've seen a turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa engine in a Smart 4-2 and it's probably the best thing, in the world (inner Clarkson)- so whatever floats your boat. That's the beauty of modifying your car. Make it you own.

Nothing stopping you from whacking the entire FK2 Type R body kit on it though... That'd be cool!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that's quite a way to go haha. Engine swap wasn't the route I was looking for but I see what you mean by nothing out there for a 1.4. Even visually the aftermarket scene is very empty for this model. But thanks for the idea's anyways. A sleeper base model would be amusing.

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
572 Posts
Wow that's quite a way to go haha. Engine swap wasn't the route I was looking for but I see what you mean by nothing out there for a 1.4. Even visually the aftermarket scene is very empty for this model. But thanks for the idea's anyways. A sleeper base model would be amusing.
I'd say the visual route isn't too bad- mostly thanks to the FK2's hooliganism. There would be something quite cool about sticking the Type R body kit on it and maybe a custom exhaust to match (as I doubt there's an off the shelf quad system for the 1.4l !). Tbh, with the amount of traffic around where I live, having a 1.4 that looks like a Type R would probably be a better daily driver than my actual Type R. But yeah- you're sort of limited with the newer small engine Civics. It was the same with the FN1 (1.8 Type S)- wasn't much on the aftermarket scene for it, other than FN2 visuals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.