2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased this 1.4 dsi from a Honda dealer here in Ireland last year. It was pure basic spec and looked rather miserable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next on the list was a set of alloys (Accord ones i picked up locally cheap) and the sports grill.

While i was at it, I chopped the base off the gearknob and used an Ebay spec Audi TT gear gaitor to improve the interior.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After that it was time to get rid of the exhaust blanks as they really made the back end look bleak. They were cheap enough and the passenger side was an easy fit. The drivers side however wasnt and i lost some blood.

I also fitted an OEM fog light kit and the OEM front garnish too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Next up was a set of 20mm rear H&R Spacers to stop the alloys looking lost in the rear arches.

Next up, I have Eibach 15mm front spacers sitting beside me and a Type-S spoiler is due next week which i hope to vinyl wrap and fit myself.

I'm trying to keep the car fairly OEM, but improved. Its my wife's daily driver and i use it at weekends, so it has to be practical to drive around our ramp filled town, take 2 kids and a bootful of stuff on holiday and not attract too much attention. If i found a set of EX wheels cheap some day i might splash out. Planning to keep the suspension stock probably for practicality reasons.

Would have loved a 1.8, but the road tax is nearly €600 a year now and with an old Victorian house to fix up and 2 kids, i needed to save on the tax/fuel/insurance. Plus i dont drive it that much, let alone push it hard.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before and after the 15mm front spacers. The car now to me, has a more "normal" stance now that the wheels arent buried into the arches. Perhaps another 5mm all round would have suited these smaller wheels a bit better. If i ever find and can afford a cheap set of EX wheels again, it should improve again with the slightly wider wheels.

Attachments

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Fair play mate so much better

It looked so cack before its hard to think Honda would release a car that basic!

But we'll done looks good now!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea it looked pretty bleak from the factory. They shouldnt have let it out the door without the exhaust triangles and a set of alloys.

Cant wait to put on the spoiler and hunt down a set of wheels someday.

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Yea it looked pretty bleak from the factory. They shouldnt have let it out the door without the exhaust triangles and a set of alloys.

Cant wait to put on the spoiler and hunt down a set of wheels someday.
There's some lovely black type s ones for sale in sales section cheap ;)

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Want Silver I'm afraid. Trying to keep the car pretty close to OEM spec and avoid the wrong sort of attention.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tempting, very tempting. Gotta hold out though, still waiting on the bonus to come through and have a few house projects in the next month.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Put on the Type-S Spoiler last night. Wrapped it myself in gloss black. Was 1/5th the price of spraying and I'm broke! Turned out pretty well, but was cursing plenty during it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Coming along nicely mate, get your plasitcs painted with plasticare!

Totally transforms the car

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, might get a bottle of plasticare and do it.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! Plasticare is on its way to me, hopefully get it today.

Fitted the pedals last night too.

Attachments

·
1.4 can look awsome too
402 Posts
Thanks! Plasticare is on its way to me, hopefully get it today.

Fitted the pedals last night too.
WHAT!?
Are there version without foglights and the chrome pedels?:facepalm:

Lowest spec sold in Norway was the 1.4 Sport , it had this things as Standard inc Alu alloys.

But great mod! those pedels looks WHEY better than the rubber one:D

I recommend using a foam brush to apply the Plasticare for best result.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts