2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, I've been wondering this for a while but never looked into it...
Is there anything performance wise you can do to the 1.4 civic?

Ive was talking to someone the other day and he was saying theres people in the greece section of the forum that have fitted turbo's ect.

What i would want if nothing else is a HKS RSK if i could make it fit, but dont know if theres any point spending £300 if theres going to be no gain/performance increase on the engine... but i do like the sound they give the type r with a standard exhaust, but dont think it would sound the same as i would have thought Type S and R have different exhaust systems, and obviously engines.

What does everyone think

Steve

P.S. Please no-one say buy a type r because at 19 its really not an option yet :)

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
You can make anything fit if you have the patience and time :p

As for gains, you wont see much (if any) i wouldn't waste money on things like induction kits, either buy some suspension mods or save up ;)

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its not that i cant afford it, its just i dont want to spend £2500 + insuring a 1.8+, i may aswel just buy at type r at 21 or something :)

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha, yeah I've always been harder than some others on the brakes, just had a new set after 12k miles lol, definitely going to do the suspension and brakes i was just seeing if there was much point in doing anything on the engine without completely wasting my money :D

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Fahad mentioned this a while back and reckons there's not likely to be much more to get out of the 1.4. Unless of course you really dont mind spending lots of money?

I would go as previously mentioned down the route of suspension and handling. for a more exciting driving experience you dont need to have stacks of power, my bike only has 115BHP :D

if the airbox is the same as the 1.8 then get a K&N panel filter, but dont try and get an induction kit on there. someone else has tried and failed with bad results.

Reactions: Stevo!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.