2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
By being light on the throttle, only overtaking when really need to and never flooring it. I only ever overtake if I can do so without going down a gear.

I constantly ease back slightly on the throttle when driving, this saves fuel but is tricky to do and not lose pace with the traffic.

Its mainly years of practice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Luisneto, we have Gordon Brown as a prime minister who steals all our money and makes us pay some of the highest fuel duty in the world so he can go to China on holiday with his mates for a few days.
Thats why we drive like we are using the last drop of oil in the world.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Luisneto, howmuch do you pay for super 95?
I paid 1.495€/l last week
@ DATS fuel stations, its currently at 1.425 €/L which is the second cheapest you can find in belgium

i am not going to complain about the fuel prices but when i am paying more then a 100€ per fuel tank, the civic is going and my bike will be used again [smilie=tongue.gif]

on topic, get the 1.4 if you do lots of town driving and dont really want a sporty engine, otherwise go for the 1.8

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
@ DATS fuel stations, its currently at 1.425 €/L which is the second cheapest you can find in belgium
I don't like DATS, the petrol isn't of good quality. I mostly fuel at Total or Texaco, though the Honda has only drunk Shell at the moment, next week i'll change it to Total Excellium

So petrol is cheaper in UK then in Belgium :). But on the other hand, belgium is a much smaller country and if we have to drive like 20kilometers to work, we already complain it's far :)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Foolish creature ...

The 1.8 is hardly sporty either!
Oooohhhh, now you've upset me - it all depends on who is driving !!! ...

Yes - the 1.8 isn't a "Sports \ GTi \ etc." car - but it is quick and agile ...

It's lucky that you're a dog, otherwise I'd give you a damn good thrashing ! ...

mutter - mutter - mutter - mutter ...

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Hi, where I can buy it in Europe..can you tell me adress od i-shop ??:)
I am from Czech and my English is very bad. Thank,s. Jiri
your english isn't perfect, but it's good enough ;) mine isn't that good either sometimes ;)

just go past your dealer's he'll know what to do. Somewhere on this forum the exhaust tips' productnumber is mentioned, maybe give that to your dealer

21 - 39 of 39 Posts