2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Made in Japan
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I own a 1.4L I-DSI engine and I am only outputting with around 83bhp which unfortunately isn't tasteful enough for me any more :( (its been 2years!).

I am in need of some advice to spice up the performance of my civic since I am relatively new to civinfo and not too sure about these types of upgrades :confused: .

Has anyone successfully upgraded their 1.4L i-dsi models to better performance before, I can't find anyone on civinfo who has ??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
To be perfectly honest mate...i wouldnt bother.
The first reply you got was probably meant to be funny, but there is a lot of truth in it. ;)
If you really cant live with the performance(or lack of it), then the best course of action would be to get rid of it and buy something quicker.
Youve had it 2 years now, so could be time for an upgrade. :D

I have owned my Civic for 17 months now(same engine as yours), and it honestly wouldnt pull you out of bed!! It is definitely underpowered for the car.
Having said that, i know its limitations so i drive it accordingly. This means as you can probably appreciate, overtakes have to be planned, sometimes well in advance. :lol:

·
Made in Japan
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys do make a good point about switching to the 2.2 diesel engine which would actually work out well for me since I do a lot of driving down A roads and motorways to commute.

Ron240 I also agree I am in need of an upgrade to something with better performance but other than that the Civic 1.4L is a fantastic car!

·
Registered
259 Posts
You guys do make a good point about switching to the 2.2 diesel engine which would actually work out well for me since I do a lot of driving down A roads and motorways to commute.

Ron240 I also agree I am in need of an upgrade to something with better performance but other than that the Civic 1.4L is a fantastic car!
The 2.2 is a great engine. I've just got back from a 3 hour journey on A roads, twisty B roads and the M1 and it just sailed along all of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.