2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am only getting around 33mpg atm. I rarely use eco mode but also rarely put my foot down. I used to get that sort of mpg on my old mk9 so a little disappointed. Wondered what figures others were getting.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
What are your driving conditions?
33MPG, And it being the same as the 9G makes me think you've got a lot of traffic?

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,354 Posts
You need to calc manually and not trust the computer to see how bad your really doing. Stop/start traffic will kill any cars mpg irrespective.
Fill to first click(note mileage) then do your normal driving until 2/3 empty then fill to first click. Note mileage again and litres added. Divide litres by 4.546 and with miles traveled between fill ups divide to get true mpg. Sit down and weep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I calculate as described earlier, and I have averaged 41.6 mpg over 23k miles. My best result was 50.1 mpg over 387 miles and my worst 36.1. It really does depend on traffic and average speed - long motorway journeys are best.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,354 Posts

My 1.8 mk8 from new averaged 40mpg. I did get 52 once and high 40’s in a motorway cruise was the usual result. But around town and down to the 30’s. I would hope your newer design 1.5 will bring better returns once it’s run in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
I get between 33 & 35mpg. The shortish trip to the gym on week days kills the average, but I would get around 35 mpg otherwise. Generally gentle acceleration and using speed limiter and cruise to the max - no eco use though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I live in an Urban area of mainly 30miles per hour speed limit and only average 33mpg. Went on a 150 mile trip last month and got 48mpg so it speaks for itself:smile3:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for replies. I reckon most of my driving is a lot of stop start so 33mpg sounds about right then. Perhaps I should use eco mode when in traffic. Still loving the car though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for replies. I reckon most of my driving is a lot of stop start so 33mpg sounds about right then. Perhaps I should use eco mode when in traffic. Still loving the car though.
I too was rather disappointed with the miles per gallon when I first started driving it. Now I've done some long runs and got 45+MPG I'm content it's as it should be. When you consider the performance of the engine, it's actually pretty good MPG, and the fact that it's CVT or 'Auto'.

Auto's used to have far less MPG than manuals, not so much now. I think CVT's close the gap even further.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hit the 3000 mile mark and the car is reporting an average 40.7 mpg.

I do mostly urban driving - which was coming up as approx 37 mpg. More recently, I have made several 2-2:30 hour motorway trips which has pushed up the average figure reported by the car up a fair bit.

My previous 1.8 Mk8 averaged 36mpg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts