2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
1.5 VTEC TURBO
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I use Android Auto every day without any problems with the samsung S8 and the original cable.
I drive with waze and its traffic reports.
I like the AA phone engine and the fast switching of the navi / phone / third party applications. Nothing crash with the listening radio or switching the reversing camera

Torque is quitly smooth on display, I'll try to record it...
I wanted it mainly for of the oil temperature, but it is not supported via obd2 :frown2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Am I right in thinking that the OBD2 Bluetooth reader will plug in to the port instead of the My Honda dongle ie. I can't have both at the same time? Or is there a way of making one piggyback the other?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Not without modifications - is there a Y-Cable for OBD2? Then you might get one of those.

For me the My Honda App isn't working, so I might follow down this route with Torque again.
Strange, I wonder if I installed some app which is causing the issues - I'm running a rooted ZTE Axon 7, which should have enough resources to run AA smoothly.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use Android Auto every day without any problems with the samsung S8 and the original cable.
I drive with waze and its traffic reports.
I like the AA phone engine and the fast switching of the navi / phone / third party applications. Nothing crash with the listening radio or switching the reversing camera

Torque is quitly smooth on display, I'll try to record it...
I wanted it mainly for of the oil temperature, but it is not supported via obd2 :frown2:
How did you get Android Auto App? It's not available in my country PlayStore :(
I can't manage to work it out with my Alcatel Idol 4 or Samsung S7.

PS: nvm... I saw the last post with the links for the xda. However i don't like to install third party software :( I am a little concerned about my privacy.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Thanks for that video - looks still a bit slower than Torque natively, but it looks quite usable.

Also nice of you to share the setup, gives me a place to start.

And that there really are OBD-Y-Cables.... Great :D

·
1.5 VTEC TURBO
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
migael: everything is at your own risk :)
apkmirror is a trusted source for me and some XDA developers :)

do not download the latest version 3.0.x
google has disabled the use of third-party applications in it
2.9, 2.8, 2.7 are OK ;)

·
1.5 VTEC TURBO
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

Attachments

41 - 60 of 90 Posts