2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
1.5 VTEC TURBO
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I installed Gladen Aero Foam today:

"Rough foam absorption material with an adhesive back measuring 5mm in thickness. This product will absorb sound or/and to decouple vibration. It's like a gasket, e.g. behind your door panels, which can help to keep your musical experience free from any disturbances or noises.
Water resistant and hardly inflammable (but can absorb water)."

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
What I always wondered about what happens if god forbid you are in the accident and you need to repair the doors? Do the glued foam means they have to replace the door or do they just rip it out and carry on with the repairs (if the door qualifies for a repair)?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ahh ok :) That answers my question.

Have you replaced all speakers in the car? I wonder if ***** audio quality of OE system is due to speakers or HU.

Thanks

·
1.5 VTEC TURBO
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I have a "premium" audio - HU + amp behind the kick panel by the passenger door

so far I have replaced the center and tweeters (and installed Gladen foam)
the next step will be replacement front door speakers and add damping material to front doors (the rear speakers and the subwoofer will remain the original)
in the future I want add external amp + subwoofer to the trunk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice job, but I cannot miss the chance to mention the lack of rust protection in the 10th generation. Looking at your pictures with the door panel dismantled, I can't see any vax or any other rust protection. Did you see any sign of vax at the bottom of the door?

I assume that the "empty can" sound, when closing the door is gone, offering a more quality impression.

·
1.5 VTEC TURBO
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I don't notice any wax... :serious:
Where I could reach my hand, I cleaned and degreased.

The doors are heavier and make a "different" (better) sound when closing. :smile3:
The sound quality has improved significantly.

·
1.5 VTEC TURBO
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #78

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I really like your car :), so fund of mine.
Did you hear any difference, in noise, after putting the sound dreading in the trunk?

Been thinking of doing more sound dreading, but I need to find the right material first.

Your photos do look so great, thanks for sharing. I gotta do some more of mine to.

·
1.5 VTEC TURBO
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Mike42dk: Slight difference after sound deading in the trunk. Still the most noise comes from the wheels
I did it for better acoustics :smile3:

Small jubilee +
Sound deadening material to hood :smile3:
TP Black Gold + STP Neoprene 10

Attachments

61 - 80 of 90 Posts