2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into this car for some months and after everything appeared to be looking good, I came across some information online stating a problem with oil dilution. Now, it stated that oil dilution is normal for every engine, however the issue here was excessive amounts of oil dilution & how this is going to be a problem for longevity of the motor.

Just wanted some information on whether Honda have actually amended this issue in recent models such as the 2020 variant, or is this issue continues.

I know the problem was mainly with short journeys, as it didn't allow the engine to warm up enough which basically prevents any fuel (that has caused dilution) from evaporating. And has anyone noticed any major issues here in the UK when it comes to this as I was actually looking forward to maybe one day owning the 1.5 turbo Civic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
From what I heard, the oil dilution problem was resolved around 2018.

There are more knowledgeable members on this forum who will know more exact information.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am led to believe that the cold start time was changed on the e.c.u to let the engine warm up faster. No help to me as I have to do a six month oil change as the dilation is so bad on my car☹

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I do changes every 4500 miles as a matter of course oil dilution is a problem on all DI engines from all manufacturers AFIK

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
It affects all 1.5T engines and from what I understand is worse in colder weather/climates but I do think from what I have read that Honda have tried to resolve the issue but how effective that is remains to be seen. Interestingly most countries have had a software update to fix the problem but my contact with Honda UK has resulted in them denying any problem exists

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts