2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Thanks EU I guess for driving diesels off the roads for no good reason... they always were the wrong choice for city dwellers who do short journeys but that does not make them bad for everyone :rolleyes:
We don't all live in cities and for many electric is just a bonkers idea that will not work in the real world - Even hybrids time is limited due to the direction of travel in the EU & UK - hydrogen hybrids could be a very good way forward if it were not for the blinkered approach taken here...

My non Honda is a Devils fuel Land Rover Freelander 2 BTW - which would be a hell of a lot more efficient if it were not so crippled by emissions requirements - would do many many more to the gallon & thus be far greener....

Um.... this IS the "I love my Derv meeting" isn't it??

·
Registered
735 Posts
The 0w20 is for improving economy and less wear on cold starting. It does say 5w30 ok to use if no 0w20 available . I wouldn't have no problem using it don't think it makes that much difference

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 0w20 is for improving economy and less wear on cold starting. It does say 5w30 ok to use if no 0w20 available . I wouldn't have no problem using it don't think it makes that much difference
I’ve been out and brought some Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 C2 standard. It says C2 on the oil filler cap so have gone with that. Fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thanks EU I guess for driving diesels off the roads for no good reason... they always were the wrong choice for city dwellers who do short journeys but that does not make them bad for everyone :rolleyes:
We don't all live in cities and for many electric is just a bonkers idea that will not work in the real world - Even hybrids time is limited due to the direction of travel in the EU & UK - hydrogen hybrids could be a very good way forward if it were not for the blinkered approach taken here...

My non Honda is a Devils fuel Land Rover Freelander 2 BTW - which would be a hell of a lot more efficient if it were not so crippled by emissions requirements - would do many many more to the gallon & thus be far greener....

Um.... this IS the "I love my Derv meeting" isn't it??
I can understand it with the older diesels bellowing clouds of soot out the exhaust but no problem for the modern diesels, we can blame VW for the decline and the Europrats they also killed off the K20 type r engine with their emission regulations.
Sorry for off topic but electric is not the answer because you can't hear them coming -more deaths on road, scrappage/ re-cycling nightmare when millions of batteries to deal with -bad for environment , loss of jobs from oil workers, tanker drivers, petrol stations and car components like exhausts clutches spark plugs etc, batteries will lose efficiency over time expensive to replace 2nd hand and finally the government will find another way to tax you for the billions lost revenue from petrol and diesel taxes.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I’ve been out and brought some Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 C2 standard. It says C2 on the oil filler cap so have gone with that. Fingers crossed :)
Had same oil on my last service few months ago. Engine sound less ratlly but mpg slightly worst ~3 mpg. Thats compared with Shell 0w30. Both acea C2/c3 oils. Next service will try mobil1 0w30.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had same oil on my last service few months ago. Engine sound less ratlly but mpg slightly worst ~3 mpg. Thats compared with Shell 0w30. Both acea C2/c3 oils. Next service will try mobil1 0w30.
i’m using the Mobile 1 ESP 5W-30, let me know how you get on with the Mobile 1 0W-30.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts