2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2014 1.6 idtec civic. I've noticed that every morning when the engine is cold, it makes a rattling noise when accelerating. It happens for the first few minutes of driving through gears. It hasn't made this noise before.
There are no other symptoms, no unusual smoke from the exhaust. Fuel consumption is normal, the oil level is ok and it sounds normal when warm.
Any help?

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,858 Posts
How many threads did you start?

I just wrote a long reply in the binned thread!

Probably misfuelling. Will be worse cold. Could be worn or substituted (not coded) injector. Get injectors checked to make sure they're all properly coded to the ECU and that the ECU injector trims are within range. Consider a Bosch Service Centre for the work.

I'm assuming the noise is the classic 'diesel rattle'?

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many threads did you start?

I just wrote a long reply in the binned thread!

Probably misfuelling. Will be worse cold. Could be worn or substituted (not coded) injector. Get injectors checked to make sure they're all properly coded to the ECU and that the ECU injector trims are within range. Consider a Bosch Service Centre for the work.

I'm assuming the noise is the classic 'diesel rattle'?
Sorry! I first posted in the wrong forum.

Yes, it's the classic diesel rattle. But it goes away when the engine is warm. I'll have the injectors checked, then! Thanks

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem was a dirty MAF. Cleaned it with contact cleaning spray and then I resetted the ECU. All good now!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mass Air Flow. It measures the incoming air of the engine, so as the injectors to open X miliseconds and provide the right amount of fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts