2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, those of you who are running the dual channel Bluespark box on your 1.6 dtec, what settings are you using?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I changed for the first time, it was on standard setting C6. Now I'm on D5 it's much more responsive and has more power
Thanks, on C6 at the moment but will leave for a few days to check that the car is Ok before moving on. Was thinking of going straight to D7.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
E7 for me, which I think suits the CR-Vs twin turbo. Good progressive pull, responsive, eager, smooth and quiet.

C6 is OK, but very occasional flat spot around 2.2k rpm.

D settings make my engine feel rough, noisy (pinking clattering noise, I assume injectors) and unrefined... not tried lower than D5 so maybe will try D3/4 se if any better.

Will try C8 out of curiosity too, as C6 does have an addictive 'Shove' to it :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What settings are you all using now? Just switched from C6 to D5 tonight but only done a short test. Initial surge when coming on boost gone and pickup seems much smoother. Will have to do some more testing.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I've been running E6 for the past few weeks, which seems a good all rounder for me. Was getting a little more injector noise than I liked with E7.

Took the box off on Tues in readiness for the cars 1st service (and checked to see if any codes were stored.. all good).

Need to get the box back on! Car feels so boring an lifeless without it lol

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Iam driving on the Civic 1.6 diesel the D5 setting.

Tried the D6 but could not noticed any change.

Did anybody tried on the single turbo the "E" setting or going even higher on the "D"?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Needs some help trying to fit pls as I have a plastic cover under my engine cover! How does this come off or does it hinge? Anyone with pics for install pls & where are the dam plugs!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Love to help, but cant see the pics

If you mean the black plastic cover directly on top the engine, then it just lifts of with a good pull upwards

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Without seeing the pictures; normally you need only remove the top engine cover.

Nothing else.

The bluespark instruction is very clear on the installation.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Oh see, the CR-V's dont have this addition cover.

No, boost sensor is at the back right but further down.. quite awkward to get too

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok so all fitted with thanks to Greg from bluespark anyone thinking of getting one pls note that the engine drawings are wrong for 1.6 idtec as the rail sensor is on the right hand side not the left as you look into the engine bay and the boost sensor is just up and further to right again

1 - 20 of 102 Posts