2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm pretty sure i'm missing a small cover on the nearside of the engine compartment.not being technically minded i cant say what part.hope this doesnt sound dumb.if anyone can take a pic or if there are any on the site of an fn1 engine i'd be very grateful.cheers peeps.:D

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
What does the cover expose?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
i'm pretty sure i'm missing a small cover on the nearside of the engine compartment.not being technically minded i cant say what part.hope this doesnt sound dumb.if anyone can take a pic or if there are any on the site of an fn1 engine i'd be very grateful.cheers peeps.:D
Look in the "Trondheim Meet" thread …

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Can't see any obvious differences to mine really. Could you put a circle around where you think there should be a cover and I'll have a look under my bonnet.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
you talking about a battery cover?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no,its just in front of the battery cover.i just have a foam sponge showing,but it has an imprint round it like there was a cover on it.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
OP upload a pic

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
you are missing a little cover, but its just cosmetic, this is the top of one of the air intakes after the resonator box. Its a little rubber cover so you don't see a black hole. I'll go take a pic of mine if you want to see what your missing although i think i might of taken it off when i put my K & N on.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
resonator pipe cover. Lings sell them quite cheap

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
That might result in higher intake temps.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
I'll have a look at mine tomorrow if i haven't removed it i'll take a pic. Off the top of my head i can't remember if it was a garnish or if it had a gasket round it to take in air from the wheel arch. :S

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
having a cover on or off ??
Off, as it might be sucking air in the engine bay.

Google Honda Lings, they will have it for sale or any honda dealer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts