2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just ordered 1.8ES in NightHawk black (farewell my lovely Alfa 147 2.0 !!) - couple of questions around the factory fit CD player i) will it play MP3's ? ii) the factory fit Changer goes in the central storage between driver & passenger seats-is the wiring loom already there (thinking of self-fitting a changer-about half price of Honda supplied one!)

Cheers in advance

Andy

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
The player on the EX certainly does play MP3's, and I'm sure I saw the logo on the Sport I drove.

The loom needs to be ordered - I have just ordered one (though I don't know how much it is!) so I can cobble in an MP3 player. As soon as I get the details I'll post here (with pics), though it will probably be after Easter now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this-now I'm just hoping the delivery date (20th may) dealer gave me for my civic is right and it wasn't just a 'ruse' to get me to buy at the time (not that I'm cynical or anything !)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
You're right to be cynical, almost everyone I've spoken to about buying a Civic has been messed around with the delivery.

Very dubious.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I may be the exception to the rule. I was given a delivery date of the 25th April but this was brought forward to 21st and thats the day I picked it up :D

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Well mine also came a bit early, but I didn't include me cos the replacement is two weeks late now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
cd player functions

Hi everyone:wave:

just ordered an ES 1.8 should take delivery around the 11 dec. like a kid waiting for xmas day:santaclaus:. one question please, does the cd player allow you to play mp3 cd discs ?? came across a review on the ES model & said you can play mp3 albums.........jaysen/ manchester

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, I create a folder for the artist and place the songs in the folder. Using Nero i picked audio option and make mp3 disc option and then dragged in the folders. most tracks were mp3 but the odd wavs were converted on the fly. The cd played fine.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Hi guys - I have a NHB 1.8 ES and the CD player does play MP3 and WAV files; but if you're buring a CD from your PC make sure you burn as a data CD and not audio CD.
All the Audio CD`s I have burned all play perfectly

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
All the Audio CD`s I have burned all play perfectly
Well yes they would, but then they are audio files on fitting approx 12 songs per disc, not 100 or so mp3s I presume.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Well yes they would, but then they are audio files on fitting approx 12 songs per disc, not 100 or so mp3s I presume.
Nope I`m talking about music 60/70 tracks in mp3 form burned on disc using Nero

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Nope I`m talking about music 60/70 tracks in mp3 form burned on disc using Nero
But then you must have burned it as a data CD, not an audio CD.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Using Nero I picked audio option and make mp3 disc option and then dragged in the folders.
You dont haver to make it as a data CD. The options above work for me.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I used Nero as well.

I got on over seven CD's onto one mp3 disc. It starts to play almost straight away, but can take a while (3-5 mins!) to read all of the data on the disc, to list all of the folders/songs etc. It only takes this long when first inserted though. If you leave it in, it reads pretty quick each time you start up.

In my opinion it's better than a CD changer. I've had them in the last few cars, and I always forget what CD is what number. The mp3 way, you select on screen which folder (or CD) you want to listen to.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Using Nero I picked audio option and make mp3 disc option and then dragged in the folders.
You dont haver to make it as a data CD. The options above work for me.
Aha I see - that is a data disc. Just a different name.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Creating a data disc using MP3s is easy with ITunes as well .You don't need an Ipod to download it. I create the disc from playlists. It prompts you to add a new disc if there is insufficient space.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts