2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always wanted an FN2 but about a year ago I was that desperate for a new car I opted for the 5dr FK2 in Milano red and ever since then I've fallen in love with Honda.

Did a few things on my FK2 to make it look a little better but in the end I always wanted an FN2. My friend bought an FN2 and since driving around in his the urge was getting bigger and bigger to get one...

The day came to go and view one in Edinburgh.

70k on the clock
58 plate
Milano Red (Fastest and best colour)

I finally purchased it and here she is in all her glory.

Got a few ideas already.

• Paint Calipers
  • Hekos (ordered)
  • Loweing springs
  • Alloy refurb and respray (gloss black)
  • Fog light protectors
  • Possible Fugen rear spoiler (still undecided)
  • Fly eye lights
Just simple things for the time being cause money is a little tight but Christmas is coming up so hopefully get a few goodies.

Anyway, thought I'd introduce her to everyone and I'll be sure to keep you all updated on the progress I make with my MODS.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
looking nice and to be honest I think a CTR is very underrated in current hot hatch circles due to being down on power of the current crop of hot hatches. You enjoy your car and you forgot my footwell lights from your list of mods;)

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looking nice and to be honest I think a CTR is very underrated in current hot hatch circles due to being down on power of the current crop of hot hatches. You enjoy your car and you forgot my footwell lights from your list of mods;)
Completely agree but the power difference from the 1.8 to the 2.0 is absolutely amazing. Since I've got the car I've done about 150 miles, only had it a day! :p To be fair the drive down from Edinburgh back to Glasgow was about 40. You're right, adding them to the list!! My friend recently bought them from you and I helped fit them but we went with the other option when you open the doors or unlock the car they come on instead of linking them to the glove box light. They look really, really nice so yes I shall be adding them at some point. Ill give you a shout on the sale thread when I'm looking to buy them!

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because the 1.8 is designed for economy and the CTR is designed for performance. :cool:
That's very true, power just wasn't there in the 1.8. Also the ECO meter beside the speedo was annoying. The wee VTEC light is so much better haha.

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, do any of you guys know how long the :civinfo: stickers take to be delivered now that the forum has changed hands?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Wish I had an answer to that as well. Been waiting over a month for mine now 😥
On a more positive note. That's a lovely motor you have there and look forward to seeing the mods list grow. I'm sure Santa will be good to you 😉

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wish I had an answer to that as well. Been waiting over a month for mine now 😥
On a more positive note. That's a lovely motor you have there and look forward to seeing the mods list grow. I'm sure Santa will be good to you 😉
Hmm.....Dunno whats happening. Maybe need to speak to an Admin and get a time frame or something.

Cheers mate, me too haha. Plan on keeping the car for a while and when you get the modding bug you just need to keep going! !

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Tell me about it. I only brought my Fn2 because I blew up my last car and needed a car quick. Only joined the forum to get help with a couple of problems but I'm still here a while later and thanks to these guys, I've spent a fortune tuning my car lol. I would do a mod thread if I wasn't to lazy lol

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's always a good reason to get another car! How did you manage to blow your last car up? Yeah the guys on here are so helpful and the amount of knowledge is brilliant with all the HOW TO's etc. Should get one up mate, show off all your hard work.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I had an astra vxr tuned to 400bhp. Turbo went bang the same time the cam belt went and screwed the engine lol. Had to happen to a vauxhall lol

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It always starts with a small mod list, it's a slippery slope:worms:
Aye it's always the small things first, on my old civic it was the wing mirrors as they were silver and I wanted them colour coded to the car, then it was the grill because the perspex one made the car look like a spaceship so I decided to take it apart and paint it black.

lol. I started with just a new gator because the original is a piece of poo, before I realised it. Dc5 callipers, rrc inlet etc etc lol
Can I ask where you ordered your new gator from? The one I have at the moment is falling apart and it's taking away from the lush interior haha. I'd quite like a new one! :)

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I'm quite lucky as my next door neighbour owns his own upholstery business. He only charged me £25 and it looks amazing in suede.

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm quite lucky as my next door neighbour owns his own upholstery business. He only charged me £25 and it looks amazing in suede.
That's very lucky. You should bring in the business for him dude, that would be a wee profit for you too! ;) Probably a good few folk on here looking for a gator. Think he could make me up one and send it? :confused:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts