2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm on the lookout for a 1.8 petrol 8th Gen Civic if anyone is looking at selling. Preferably 5 door...... like the BTCC cars ;)
Cheaper the better and needs to be manual box.
If anyone knows of reasonable ones going cheap give us a shout.

Starting a development program on them as there are loads out there and nobody has done anything with them over here.

Plan is mild mods
Remaps
Boosting - low boost
Winding it up for big boost
Might even take it racing. ;)

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
I'm on the lookout for a 1.8 petrol 8th Gen Civic if anyone is looking at selling. Preferably 5 door...... like the BTCC cars ;)
Cheaper the better and needs to be manual box.
If anyone knows of reasonable ones going cheap give us a shout.

Starting a development program on them as there are loads out there and nobody has done anything with them over here.

Plan is mild mods
Remaps
Boosting - low boost
Winding it up for big boost
Might even take it racing. ;)
Very interested in this. Sorry, not to sell mine but regarding a remap for it.

Currently running an Injen CAI with Martelius catback so very interested to see what gains are available.

Any improvement to make this quicker will definitely be welcomed by me. If you want my car for testing I'm happy to help but not looking to sell it sorry.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
I'm the same as ste.

Remap sounds class

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It just needs to be the 1.8 petrol and manual box.
Will be ripped apart eventually so overall condition doesn't really matter to some extent.

·
Alabaster FTW
1,610 Posts
Subscribed, this will be very interesting going forward.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Would be interested in Remaps bigger front bake kits and diffs if that sort of thing were in the poss thinking if you can get a siutable test mule.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
We've just been talking about cams in another thread and it got me thinking. Is there a way to use the R18's intake eco cam retarding mechanics in reverse as an intake advance using some custom cams? Would the ecu allow that? Am I talking out of my arse? :lol:

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
:hmmmm:

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Am I right in thinking this engine retards the cams to stay open for a short period during the compression stroke, reroutes the intake mani to longer runners and opens the throttle more, to aid economy? Or is that a newer version..?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
If it's anything like the lesser powered K cars like the z1 etc the rocker pins are reversed, i.e the small pins that slide across on vtec to lock the centre roller to the outer lobes.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Just having a quick read. I didn't know there were so many variations of Vtec. I'm probably miles off with what I was saying..

Is the R18 a Vtec-e style system?

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
That could be very interesting.Especially if you will develop an advanced cam and a remap so it could be combined with a stage 1 tuning package.

·
Premium Member
18,736 Posts
Interested to see what will come up!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts