2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Paul,

When I bought my Type R spoiler off you I remember you saying you were working on something for the performance of the 1.8. Possibly a remap or something - i can't really recall. Is there anything available from yourselves or anything in the pipeline?

Lee

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
We are looking into this but at the moment we are pretty swamped with a load of other things in so at the moment I can't really offer anymore information

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok no problem. Just wanted to make sure. I'm sure there'd be loads interested if you do ever get round to it, though.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Such a swamp.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Hi Paul,

When I bought my Type R spoiler off you I remember you saying you were working on something for the performance of the 1.8. Possibly a remap or something - i can't really recall. Is there anything available from yourselves or anything in the pipeline?

Lee
We'd be happy to look at developing a solution at Thurrock, if you or anyone else wants to loan us a car?

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
We'd be happy to look at developing a solution at Thurrock, if you or anyone else wants to loan us a car?

It might be nice if you could do somthing with a hondata flashpro given they relised one for the R18 in the US a few months back. Sure there could be quite a few people interested.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
I think we all are but it's the case of somebody having to put some big bucks down and not knowing what performance gains there will if any at all.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
It's the time and effort that goes into it that's the problem.
I have a few ideas I would like to try using alternatives to Hondata as they simply aren't interested in supporting the Market.

TDi are doing some trials with an HKS Fcon ECU on a CRZ at the moment and information gathered may indicate if we can utilise it on the Civics. Another option is the AEM FIC but that was tried a while back on Type-Rs and the dash did resemble a Christmas tree.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
It's the time and effort that goes into it that's the problem.
I have a few ideas I would like to try using alternatives to Hondata as they simply aren't interested in supporting the Market.

TDi are doing some trials with an HKS Fcon ECU on a CRZ at the moment and information gathered may indicate if we can utilise it on the Civics. Another option is the AEM FIC but that was tried a while back on Type-Rs and the dash did resemble a Christmas tree.

Right I see. Would be nice to try and get some aftermarket ECU support for the R18 engine. I have seen some dyno runs on the continant of 1.8 putting out 155/158hp must have had some sort of remap cant belive you would get that sort of increse with just intake and cat back.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Havent a few 1.8 greek owners just installed an US ECU and remapped it using Hondata?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Havent a few 1.8 greek owners just installed an US ECU and remapped it using Hondata?
I did this months ago but had to remove it as Loss of functions was unaceptable. Hondata didn't seem interested either so we are looking for a system we can support that will retain cruise control and stop all the errors flashing up. Also not to keen to fit something to a customers car that causes them to inadvertently slam it in reverse and crash at speed..... Although most older cars didn't have reverse lockouts.

A lot of it is the US Market is automatic or 5 speed and their ECUs and software don't allow for the 6 speeds we have.

All easy fixs you would think but if Hondata struggle with other more fundamental issues I'm not holding my breath. :(

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
From what I have asked before they have other things to work on sadly as do a lot of other companies, if there was a way to flash the current ECU and just give a better curve of power I would be happy, but under the £400 price which I don’t think would be possible as each car would need to be fine tuned I guess. i would give my car as a car to work on for a few days no problem if thats ever a problem;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts