2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well on Monday i had a single exit backbox fitted to my car.
I decided to travel all the way to Southampton to get it done as the local ones i didnt pick up a good vibe from and the guy (Dave) in Southampton was extremely helpful said hed been doing it for 20 years etc etc. I decided that i would use them and travel the 80 miles there and 80 back!

Im going to score the experience out of 10

Workshop 9/10
Workmanship 10/10
Work ethic 10/10
Feedback 10/10
Staff 10/10

I have only marked the workshop down as i felt i had too as it looks too good with all 10s!

The garage is Southampton Tyre and wheel
The garage is a proper garage not one of these clinically clean eat your dinner off the floor do you do any work garages. It is a proper garage with proper blokes running it so dont expect to drop a sandwhich on the floor and then pick it up and eat it! But do expect to feel at home! I spent all 2.5 -3 hours in the workshop watching, eating, having cups of tea and most of all cracking jokes with them. Their work ethic was incredible constantly working stopping for 2 minutes when the snadwhich van came around to wolf some food down asap (take 3 or 4 quid for sandwhich van).

I watched all the pipe bending and welding, how it was all put together selected the back box with the sound that i liked etc.
I was shocked as too how many bends the pipe needed and amazed how accurately dave did it. The welding was left to the other bloke (whos name ive forgotten because my memory is so bad!!!) and the welds are all tidy, spot on and strong.

We all had a massive laugh over the old honda exhaust and just how restrictive it actually was! With tiny pee shooter pipes!

I went to show dave the sound of a martellius to model it on to which he told me to put the phone away as when i hear it ill know which one, picked up one put it on he knew it wasnt the sound i was after then he selected the next and spot on pretty much a martellius sound for a 1.8!

IMAGES....

I have a few videos but They corrupted going onto the computer so if you want one pm your number and ill whatsapp it to you (youll need whatsapp) or ask Stevo! how it sounds!!!

In hindsight i probably should of had it toned down abit as clients may not like it but you only live once!!!!!

The exhaust is quite loud under acceleration especially low rpm or going up a hill but crusiing at 30,40,50,60,70 etc you can barely hear it!!!! and down shift and it pops and bangs it puts the biggest smile on your face!!! It has a lovely raspy tone that makes people turn too look and you get that cranning of the neck to see what it says on the back of the car!

Would i do it again??????

YES and it would definately be with Southampton Tyre and Wheel as tbh id go down there just to have a laugh with them if im ever in the area! and the workmanship is incredible how a proper garage should run (wouldnt suit sissy boys who like tea in paper cups)

It also has a warranty for as long as you own the car!!!!

I have included their contact details! if you have anymore questions fire away!!!

SOUTHAMPTON TYRE AND WHEEL Unit D,
Brokenford Business Centre
Brokenford Lane,
Totton
SOUTHAMPTON
SO40 9LZ TEL: 02380 667107 Email: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Thanks for the vids buddy. Great write up too. I'm sure the vid doesn't do the exhaust justice. But from the sound of it, it sounds awesome. What more could you ask for, spending £180 or so, to get a similar sound to a martellius. Really envy you right now. This for sure will be my next mod.

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the vids buddy. Great write up too. I'm sure the vid doesn't do the exhaust justice. But from the sound of it, it sounds awesome. What more could you ask for, spending £180 or so, to get a similar sound to a martellius. Really envy you right now. This for sure will be my next mod.
It was 198 and tbh cheap for the work that went into it!

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
Rob you spelt my username wrong again :(

But no, got to be honest, it sounds f****** awesome, sporty sound, fairly raspy and not for the faint hearted that want a little growl while accelerating...

Once I have my springs and wheels on, im going down the garage with Rob to get mine done, excatly the same [smilie=lil_red_dev:

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rob you spelt my username wrong again :(

But no, got to be honest, it sounds f****** awesome, sporty sound, fairly raspy and not for the faint hearted that want a little growl while accelerating...

Once I have my springs and wheels on, im going down the garage with Rob to get mine done, excatly the same [smilie=lil_red_dev:[/quote]

edited :p

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Powerflow FTW.

Glad it went well for you.

Reactions: RobertUtley

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
How is it chavvy again?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
How is it chavvy again?
He was referring to the fact that he's too chavvy to have such an excellent exhaust fitted to his own car :p

Rob send me a vid mate would love to hear it.

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He was referring to the fact that he's too chavvy to have such an excellent exhaust fitted to his own car :p

Rob send me a vid mate would love to hear it.
I have whatsappd everyone who asked some will be sending right now as some messages are cueing please leave feedback on this thread aswell :)

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Sounds properly class Rob, well done mate.

Been telling people that, for 200 quid, you can't go wrong.

Reactions: RobertUtley

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Was only a joke with Rob, already chatted with him about it, sorry if you took it the wrong way.
My bad, I thought you were trolling. :popcorn2:

Reactions: shaunwistow

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
In the 14 second video the exhaust sounds amazing !! hopefully they can replicate a sound near that on my diesel just with some epic turbo whine XD

1 - 20 of 30 Posts