2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

does anyone know what could be source of the strange noise at idle??I am interested in backround sound, not sound of injectors?

Thanks for any idea. Even Honda dealer cannot help.

·
Sierra Echo
95 Posts
Hey!

It will be just my guess but I had something similar and it was the PCV valve and hose.

Try to squeeze the PCV hose together, if the hissing sound vanishes then you have your issue.

To found the rubber hose, here is a picture I made for you

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

thank you for hint. I've tried to squeeze and the sound changes. But it does not disappear. Should it disappear completely? Thanks.

·
Sierra Echo
95 Posts
Shouldnt dissapear completely, the rest should be related to the engine working, probaly worrying a little too much mate. ;)

If the previous hissing sound changed (or vanished) significantly in a good tone while you sqeezed together the PCV hose, then you might have found the culprit. ;)

Not a huge cost to change the PCV valve and the rubber PCV hose, they might have been clogged up by some dirt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've checked again. So the behavior is when I squeeze the sounds stops for 2-3 seconds. Then it comes back (but hose is still squeezed). I've used pliers. So the hose should be fully closed.

Is this behavior what we are looking for? :confused: Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts