2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
...FORM > FUNCTION...
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
just got back from the garage where I had the Dastek Unichip fitted to my FN1.

Got some good power gain's. I have to say that seeing the results on paper is not near as good as the feeling when driving it. Trottle response is a lot better, engine runs smoother, faster. It just pulls like a train. Also when driving normal, average fuel consumption drops a lot faster then before the remap so : MORE POWER > LESS FUEL. I'm a happy man :D

Here the graph :

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Interesting stuff there mate. Definitely a good gain on the Dyno! Your start figure is pretty high, what engine mods do you have?

Although only a small amount of gain I noticed the torque very quickly and
Alot smoother acceleration.

I'm going to print off your chart and overlay it on mine. :)

·
...FORM > FUNCTION...
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting stuff there mate. Definitely a good gain on the Dyno! Your start figure is pretty high, what engine mods do you have?

Although only a small amount of gain I noticed the torque very quickly and
Alot smoother acceleration.

I'm going to print off your chart and overlay it on mine. :)
Mine's the turbo- AND supercharged version of the 1.8 petrol...

i wish :p:D

Just the K&N 57i and Invidia cat back exhaust system. Torque is much better, it starts a lot higher than stock and runs smoother yes.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Haha! :D
Well done mate, you now have performance to match the style. Exhaust is next for me, hopefully that will make some difference too.
How long did it take to tune?

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
More details please!
What fuel did you use?
How does it fit?
Photos?
What parameters does it change?
Price?

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Hi,very good results indeed,the point is to feel the difference on the road as you said ;), but i have to mention that, how the wheels power gain could be higher than the engine power gain :confused: i mean the wheel gain is about 12.5 hp and the engine only 6.5hp ??

·
...FORM > FUNCTION...
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More details please!
What fuel did you use?
How does it fit?
Photos?
What parameters does it change?
Price?
Fuel : super 98
Fit : connects to the original ECU take's over it function.
Photo's : will post some later
Parameters : not up 2 date on that
Price : €695 (incl : 2 dyno tests, montage en mapping)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
:worms:
I'm not sure what to make about the differences between increases at the wheels and flywheel. can anyone shed some light on this? how is it possible to make a greater increase at the wheels?

·
...FORM > FUNCTION...
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
power = measured at the wheels so that's what counts....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice man! maybe an option for me,too. Dont know of any (approved) Chips for our Engine here in Germany, so this one would at least assure more power. :D What do you think they would charge w/o the dyno runs ?

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
i cant imagine reving upto 7500 rpm, must sound great with your setup!! BEAST of a car [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.