2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Been meaning to post this for a while, I don't know if it's normal or not but it's starting to get on my nerves. My 1.8 seems to wheel spin very easily, when pulling out of junctions or at roundabouts anything over half throttle and the car starts to wheel spin and the vsa light starts flashing. It's not dangerous as the cars still quick enough, but it happens so frequently I'm second guessing if so things wrong.

Doesn't need to be particularly wet or loose surface, happens more often when going round a corner.

Recently had new tyres so that's out of the question

Has anyone else experienced this?
Cheers

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Hi
Been meaning to post this for a while, I don't know if it's normal or not but it's starting to get on my nerves. My 1.8 seems to wheel spin very easily, when pulling out of junctions or at roundabouts anything over half throttle and the car starts to wheel spin and the vsa light starts flashing. It's not dangerous as the cars still quick enough, but it happens so frequently I'm second guessing if so things wrong.

Doesn't need to be particularly wet or loose surface, happens more often when going round a corner.

Recently had new tyres so that's out of the question

Has anyone else experienced this?
Cheers
What brand are the tyres? Mine wheel spins easily, but that's due to cheap tyres on the front.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
If you have summer tyres they will be less 'grippy' in winter/ <7 deg.c weather. Hence winter tyres are recommended during winter months.

Off slightly at a tangent, my 7th gen type s ivtec would habitually spin its wheels with even little throttle. The 15'' wheels with 195/65 tyres did little to help overcome it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
When you replaced the tyres what was the wear like? was it even? was it wearing on inside or outside more?

as said brand will play a part, cheap tyres wont help, but neither will out of alignment geometry which could be another reason

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
In the wet and cold weather, even with dedicated winter tyres you will get some wheel spin. Also if youve just has new tyres thats actually the cause as they do not fully bed in until around 500 miles of usage.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tyres are Goodyear and were new in the summer, they'll have done a few thousand miles by now I expect. The tracking and alignment is fine and as far as I'm aware the old tyres were worn evenly.
It's probably just that they're summer tyres by the sound of it. The spin has definitely got worse with the colder weather
Thanks for all the replys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts