2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I wrote previously a 6 month review and thought I would finish off with a 12 month review.

This review will have to be boring as the car has been faultless!
The radio is perfect, the leather seats have held up well, no dash rattles or any other rattles inside, the suspension is quiet and the paint is chip free. I did have GardX applied to the car so maybe this has helped.

A big bonus is the massive boot and the magic seats - I play a lot of golf and it helps a lot to carry gear around!

Thanks
Neil.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Glad your still loving the car. My car (along with Dimply's) is officially a year old today and I do still love it - even if its only just done 6k miles!

I have to say I don't really have any rattles and find everything hunky doary. Only issue I have is I don't get to drive it enough :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, the car is great....I wish i had gone for a sportier model sometimes but I am to stingy for the fuel costs!
I do like the new VW Scirocco though - but i bet that would cost a lot to keep running!

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Great to hear another happy civic owner exists :)

Mine is 10months old and is still going well :)

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I think there are more satisfied owners than unsatsified ones !

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Hmmm, the current version is a Diesel - quite impressive figures
Diesel? Looking at the VW france website, they've also got a 1.4TSI tuned to 122 and 160hp (available with the DSG7 only in 160hp guise). They've also got a 2.0l diesel and petrol. All versions except the 2.0l petrol emit less than 160g/km of CO2. Consumption across the range is between 5.2l - 7.6l/100km. Most impressive indeed.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Hear, hear!

My Civic is now 14 months old and has done 22,000 miles. A mixture of motorways and country lanes.

Thus far, I've had zero faults, niggles, squeeks or rattles. It's still as great a car as the day I test drove one and fell in love with it.

Nice one Honda!:p

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
you guys dont messure in MPG? i hate this metric/imperial split >.<
Nope. Most european countries use the metric system. In fact I believe its only the UK that still uses the imperial system in europe. Like John Cleese always says on my tomtom gps navi thingy;

...its thanks to that little ?????? called Napoleaon....

Note that I'm paraphrasing and censoring a bit in accordance with forum rules[smilie=cheeky-grin:.

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
45,500 miles on my car now (38,500 of them done by me since last June) and now it has a working radio, I can live with the couple of rattles mine has. The performance, economy and space still impress.

I rarely keep a car for over a year (I get bored easily), but this one looks like a keeper.

Glad to see another happy owner.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hmm, glad to read about satisfied owners!!!
I´ve mine two days :). I hope everything will be perfect (at least almost..)

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Hi all, I wrote previously a 6 month review and thought I would finish off with a 12 month review.

This review will have to be boring as the car has been faultless!
The radio is perfect, the leather seats have held up well, no dash rattles or any other rattles inside, the suspension is quiet and the paint is chip free. I did have GardX applied to the car so maybe this has helped.

A big bonus is the massive boot and the magic seats - I play a lot of golf and it helps a lot to carry gear around!

Thanks
Neil.
Always good to hear that amongst the problems and niggles of others, there are those amongst us that are enjoying their car to the full.

good news.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
One of many RneilG it seems that most are more than happy with there cars. Yes the current generation is not as good as previous generations and Honda should be ashamed!! but based on the number of members of this forum, posts on what car and other websites it seems that the majority are happy with their cars

1 - 19 of 19 Posts