2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw these images on instagram of possable facelift coming. Images not mine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
That didn't take long. Everyone back for a new lease:- I bet they've fixed the early issues too :p

Looking at the changes, as much is as posssible with it dressed up like a WW1 Merchant ship, It seems like they may have addressed the plastic mesh on the front and back, as many people have been grumbling about. Personally, I don't mind them, I'd say they match the aesthetic.

There is the usual possibility though that they've simply popped in some foam to go along with the disguise efforts.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Didn't I see a red one somewhere as well without the huge type R wing on the back..
Wander if Honda are going full circle to "tame down" the look of the type R..
Also wandering whether these bumpers will offer any cooling or aerodynamic betterment rather than just pleasing the aesthetics...

·
927 Posts
Less drag perhaps? increased top speed? Who knows...... Looking at the front bumper on the red car pics, defo looks like it is only aesthetics only.. no improved ducting

·
Registered
7 Posts
Meybe this is detuned version of TypeR, meybe it will be TypeS version with 230-250 HP.
That would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
My suspicion is for a type S; They could use the 2L Engine from the US Accord for something SI-esque

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wonder are they going to color match the front black surround around the front lights and grill to rest of body color. Dont mhnd the black but blending it in would be interesting

·
Registered
137 Posts
My suspicion is for a type S; They could use the 2L Engine from the US Accord for something SI-esque
Forgive me for what may be a really stupid question...

But have they ever had a Sport model, and Type S ?

I mean, we have the 1.5T Sport & Sport+, Would a Type S fill a niche between those, and the Type R?

To me it may hinder type R sales.

·
Registered
491 Posts

I mean, we have the 1.5T Sport & Sport+, Would a Type S fill a niche between those, and the Type R?

They have a regular Sport and a Sport Touring (bit like our Sport Plus). But they also have an Si with standard LSD, bigger brakes and 205hp.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think there could be a market for a slimed down Type R. Not sure what prices are like in the US but here in Ireland a Type R starts at €52,000 and with fuel, road tax of €750 per year and in particular insurance, it would be a fortune to run.
A slimed down version costing somewhere in the mid to high €30's would definatly be a runner.

·
927 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I've only just noticed the white wheels on the red test car, interesting

·
Premium Member
84 Posts

In the UK we had 7G 1.6 Sport 3D and 2.0 Type S 5D and 8G 1.8 and 2.2d Sport 5D and 1.4, 1.8, 2.2d Type S 3D.

I would prefer a 10G Type S Hatch/Tourer with around 220PS, if only they would make it...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts