2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its just hit the 100k miles in just over 18 months. Still has slighly noisy top end but everything else seems ok. Still going through front discs every 18k ish. But performance is still as the day I picked it up. Spedo showed high 130s coming through france rushing for ferry last week. Fuel being drunk at 43 ish. Still love it and will get another when I hit 150k miles about April next year. Loads of stone chips at front. Anything bad........just when it goes through car wash the front is always missed out!!!!! Wish I'd got revering camera ! Blue tooth phone is a god send ( spend a lot of time on road )
What would you rather have focus/golf /astra dontthink so

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got to admit half the time its a mess. Being a black one it shows everything and doing sometimes 2k in a week it gets really dirty. Another thing, my fault loads of scrathces around door lock. Couldnt figure out why as its remote locking , then realised I always open door whith same hand as holding key .......doh whens timing belt due anyone ? its not had one yet !!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for that,was getting worried as it missed a service by 25k so didnt think it would be covered under warranty if blew its self to pieces. On a other note , it went for front tyres 2 weeks ago and the lease company would only issue 1 front tyre as the other front tyre had .5 mm over min left. how dumb. Kwick said I should have done some burn outs first !!!!!!!!!!

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
is it still on the original clutch by any chance?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep still on same clutch. Apart from 5 sets of pads and discs and oil its had nothing. That your hayabugly ??

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
It sure is mate, what you got? Nice to know the clutch will get to 100k, I wonder if yours is the revised clutch or the original which peole do get problems with.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not a clue what clutch is in it, its a 2008 model if that helps. Ive got a zzr1100 full power model, you lot dont half give me a pasting though !!!!

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Good to hear the civic is going strong, sorta like a success story.

By God, 100k in such little time :razz: That's just short of 5,000 miles a month :wow:

It's taken me 4 months to hit 2,500 :razz:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am lucky I can lease whatever I want for £450 a month but I,ll still get another civic. Thats says a lot after 100k Why would I want a 3 series when your lucky to get a cd player and I dont think I could face an anouloge speed read out !!!! Might go for new accord though because they do s type derv with 170 horses They need to do a civic with same. Cos i did think about a leon sr at 170 horse but the interior was so bad , I didnt

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
I am lucky I can lease whatever I want for £450 a month but I,ll still get another civic. Thats says a lot after 100k Why would I want a 3 series when your lucky to get a cd player and I dont think I could face an anouloge speed read out !!!! Might go for new accord though because they do s type derv with 170 horses They need to do a civic with same. Cos i did think about a leon sr at 170 horse but the interior was so bad , I didnt
Type-R? 200 bhp? :razz:

Or are you specifically looking for/staying with a diesel?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts