2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
There should be a divider that you can push to pop out flaps that can hold your cup in that storage compartment you describe.. maybe Honda cheaped out and removed it like they removed lots of other things in 2015 face lift to save money...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Just come back from seeing the 10G. Saw the Prestige version in a rather unfetching greyish colour - huge chrome trim across the front truly awful. Have to say that it's not a looker. Hoping for better things from the Sport. If you thought the 9G was aesthetically challenging then you'll really struggle with this! Build looks good and plenty of kit but not sure I could cope with the looks.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Back from being introduced to 10th Gen Sport at Driftbride Gatwick Honda. Not over impressed as Honda seemded to have taken the Civic up market to compete for the fleet market. Not sure if its going to be a match for all the BMW and Audi fans though,
To many toys for average Joe Public and almost priced out of reach to.
Civic should have been kept at a lower price and Honda should have bought out another model for upmarket. Sorry to say I was more interested in looking at the Jazz that was in the showroom (yes I know, sad isn't it)

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
Sadly you're right IMO

It's now a large family saloon and not the medium hatch that I need.

I looked at the MK3 Jazz in the summer but the interior put me off. Too basic and no centre console.
If they gave the dash that wow factor and put in a 8 or 9G style centre console I'd be interested.
Subject to test driving the CVT of course

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Could you go in to the cup holder bit in a bit of detail for me please? Which button, which divider? I can see a round indentation in the sliding compartment just behind the flip up 12v power connection but that looks more suitable for bottles given the depth.

Which bit springs up?
Sorry for the delay in reply - only managed to take a photo of it today:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Not seen it yet myself, although I like the video of the dealership above.

Have to say though, not many people liked the 8G when it came out. I remember seeing it on the road and thinking it was the worst car I'd ever seen! Of course now I love it, and the fact that looks wise it was so far ahead of it's time means it still looks good today.

As for the 10G, until I see it in person I can't comment properly, but from the dealership video above, I like the looks. It's gone bit more saloon (y) in appearance but compensated with a bit of a muscular look.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
The model I saw was top of the range Prestige without the central exhaust pipes which all models have except this on and the lowest spec S, so if you need to fit a tow bar you will have to go top or bottom of the range. It is a big car solid feel to and good interior plastics and leather trim on the doors, good boot and plenty of room in the rear heater leather seats, I would liked to have seen a different spec model to see how the fabric looks on the door cards. Guessing the size increase is to compensate for dropping the Accord from the range.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Towing:
S=N/A
SE=500Kg unbraked (129bhp)
SR=500Kg unbraked) (129bhp)
EX=500Kg unbraked (129bhp)
Sport=N/A
Sport Plus= N/A
Prestige= 500Kg unbraked (182bhp)

UK Catalogue Feb 2017

·
Registered
20 Posts
The model I saw was top of the range Prestige without the central exhaust pipes which all models have except this on and the lowest spec S, so if you need to fit a tow bar you will have to go top or bottom of the range. It is a big car solid feel to and good interior plastics and leather trim on the doors, good boot and plenty of room in the rear heater leather seats, I would liked to have seen a different spec model to see how the fabric looks on the door cards. Guessing the size increase is to compensate for dropping the Accord from the range.
Only the Sport and Sport Plus have the twin exhausts. They are the 1.5 turbo.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
The "Prestige" model also has the 1.5l turbo but not the twin exhaust. That's why you can get a tow bar on a 1.5l turbo, but you have to go all the way to the top.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not sure if its going to be a match for all the BMW and Audi fans though
Honda is never going to persuade the Germo-fans. The only thing it's doing with this gen Civic is pushing people away who bought a Civic for it's original qualities. This car needs to be afforable, reliable and good to drive. None of those cutting edge bells and whistles for which the competition is known to half-arse anyway. I get it, though. Even the new Astra is loaded with gadgets, but they cut costs elsewhere (the interior is terrible, for instance). This will eventually blow up in Vauxhall's face as well (their interiors used to be rock solid). Honda tried to do it well (kudos), but the bills need to be payed somehow. Seems like the car makers are trying something else to attract more customers. I think that the people they're trying to attract will never be persuaded anyway (muh Beemer), losing the loyal customer with these shenanigans in the process. But hey... the so called motor journalists are lyrical about their 30 minutes with the car on a perfectly flat, bendy surface in rural Spain... job well done, right?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
The trouble with pricing is in the UK at least, most drivers are company car drivers and so most cars are bought by companies and offset against tax. That somewhat negates the high price as all but the smallest companies can afford it. In all honesty, I don't think manufacturers are that interested in the private buyer any more and so aren't too worried about pricing them out. Fleet sales are where the money is made as servicing etc can also be offset against tax, so not only do they get multiple unit purchases through fleets, but those sales also support the after market care departments at dealerships as well.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Apparently the Civic replaces the Accord, which has been dtched in the UK. Maybe they should have renamed it he Civiccord?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Hahah good one, yes if that 10 gen civic to be called accord it will be good looking car, bet now than was 8gen UFO, it looks like downgrade.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thank you!

Sorry for the delay in reply - only managed to take a photo of it today:
Wow, I've not seen anything like that. My compartment there is straight through, big enough to put a pen in & some salt sachet (which is all that's in mine). I tend to put my phone on top of that slider, connected to the usb inside the arm rest (I saw your cable sticking out as well! :grin2:) I notice you have leather seats, maybe it's related to that, or the fact that it's a 2013, mine is a 2012. Or it could be Petrol v Diesel, Who knows:wink3:

In any case I think the 10th Gen has a recess around the same area that could house a cup, I suppose I was expecting something dash mounted/ further forward than under your elbow.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wow, I've not seen anything like that. My compartment there is straight through, big enough to put a pen in & some salt sachet (which is all that's in mine). I tend to put my phone on top of that slider, connected to the usb inside the arm rest (I saw your cable sticking out as well! :grin2:) I notice you have leather seats, maybe it's related to that, or the fact that it's a 2013, mine is a 2012. Or it could be Petrol v Diesel, Who knows:wink3:

In any case I think the 10th Gen has a recess around the same area that could house a cup, I suppose I was expecting something dash mounted/ further forward than under your elbow.

I'm fairly certain you're missing the spring loaded divider as it is removable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 159 Posts