2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks need to get replacements as I've literally had to drain both, could have gone fishing in them, all cleaned up but now they don't seem to fit properly, the seals are shot so need new ones, don't fancy paying 93 quid each so what have you guys bought, prices seem to be from 25 quid and upwards, don't mind spending a bit more but don't want anything fancy and won't be using them as indicators either just a direct replacement will suffice

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey folks need to get replacements as I've literally had to drain both, could have gone fishing in them, all cleaned up but now they don't seem to fit properly, the seals are shot so need new ones, don't fancy paying 93 quid each so what have you guys bought, prices seem to be from 25 quid and upwards, don't mind spending a bit more but don't want anything fancy and won't be using them as indicators either just a direct replacement will suffice

I had my off side one replaced under warranty as the seal had gone and filled with water. That's if your car is still under warranty

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's still got warranty until December, it's going in on the 24th for a few issues, guess 1.more won't make any difference lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Worth a go, mine was done no question asked, took a while for them to order the part though took over a month, not sure if that was just a one off.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just bought some off amazon for 22 quid, will see what they are like when they arrive, the reviews seem good for the lense but say the led bulb doesn't fit, that doesn't bother me as I will keep the original bulb

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
So to update this I had them arrive last week, one lense fitted perfectly and one didn't, now working nights I didn't have much enthusiasm to work out what was stopping the one lense fitting after taking a look this morning it appeared there was a tiny piece of plastic stopping it fitting in, looks like part of the moulding process leftover, so popped it off with a screwdriver and now it fits, happy days, attached is the ones I've bought if anyone is interested

HERE YOU GO

·
Registered
243 Posts
Fitted these today, I will wait and see how they work at night and see how well they wear over time. The two oem units I removed are full of water and the electricial connection on the car harness needed cleaning as the water has caused them to rust and get dirty.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

·
4,681 Posts
So to update this I had them arrive last week, one lense fitted perfectly and one didn't, now working nights I didn't have much enthusiasm to work out what was stopping the one lense fitting after taking a look this morning it appeared there was a tiny piece of plastic stopping it fitting in, looks like part of the moulding process leftover, so popped it off with a screwdriver and now it fits, happy days, attached is the ones I've bought if anyone is interested
Any chance of a pic without them switched on please, as when they are on, they look exactly the same as my clear ones.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any chance of a pic without them switched on please, as when they are on, they look exactly the same as my clear ones.
Attached is the pic, of course the light is fading slightly but by no means dark

·
4,681 Posts
Any chance of a pic without them switched on please,
Thanks for the pic, but isn't the position light ON? Mine come on when I switch the lights on, and it looks like your headlights are on.
I would like to see what the smoked effect lens looks like in daylight without an orange bulb shining through them please.
And as for those orange ones above. Well they wouldn't be my choice on a grey car.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pic, but isn't the position light ON? Mine come on when I switch the lights on, and it looks like your headlights are on.
I would like to see what the smoked effect lens looks like in daylight without an orange bulb shining through them please.
And as for those orange ones above. Well they wouldn't be my choice on a grey car.
Sorry mate updated pics attached

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ya I wasn't sure myself when I ordered them but to be honest I like them and it's probably a personal thing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Quite bright even during day time, hope they aren't too much at night. (ignore the scratch, going in for repair soon)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Honda Europe has a warranty issue for the Clear sidemarkers as they have a factory defect that makes them crack from petroleum based degreaser :( just like Audi and Volkswagen headlights / taillights (Really Bad german Quality) think they are made in the same factory.

As they cost about 200USD to buy here in Sweden im really glad my Local Honda dealer sent me a pair on Warranty and hope the new ones is made in another factory.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've just noticed my nearside marker is full of water. I've taken it out and dried it and cleaned it. I've then run a bead of clear silicone around all the edges where the two halves are stuck together with what looks like double sided tape. Waiting for the monsoon now to see if it works. If not e -bay here I come😎

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've just noticed my nearside marker is full of water. I've taken it out and dried it and cleaned it. I've then run a bead of clear silicone around all the edges where the two halves are stuck together with what looks like double sided tape. Waiting for the monsoon now to see if it works. If not e -bay here I come
I'm my experience once water gets into them they are as good as binned. Mine did same and even though I cleaned and dried them. Within a few days they started turning green from water and sunlight damage. Just as easy to get new set

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well I've fitted the e bay lights after a bit of fettling and smaller diameter o rings to get the bulb holders in. They look better than o.e.m but let's see when it rains.😎
IMG_20200804_122949552_HDR.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts