2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

10G Civic New Info

8K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  balleballe 
#1 ·
#5 ·
So no more NA petrols for the 10G hatch it sounds like. Probably 1L circa 92Kw for base models and the 1.5L circa 130Kw for luxury trims and sport models. The 10G sedan does 0-96kmh (0-60) in 6.8 seconds for the CVT, this is equivalent to around 7.3 seconds 0-100kmh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
That sounds quite a performance jump for another 32bhp (174bhp).

Makes me wondering if either they're lightening the car or increasing the gearing as well. When you consider it's only 0.3 secs slower than the FN R which had 203bhp, it seems something other than power has altered unless there's a lot being gained from a more torquey delivery.

#6 · (Edited)
#9 ·
A 1.5 turbo Vtec kicking out 150bhp would be nice.

If you look at all these small engines with turbos which have become so popular their 'real life' economy has been waaaay off the 'official' MPG. My mates got a focus ecoboost, gets 40mpg on a run and 28-30 around town. He's also had his DMF replaced twice since buying the car new!

VAG's new 1.4TSI is pretty good economy wise and is lovely to drive. VAG have realised they can't make timing chains to save their lives so the new engine has a belt. My sister has a new golf with the 150 ACT engine. When she came up to see me her dash was showing 54mpg (220 mile journey driving at 70ish). She filled up before she went back and I worked out the actual MPG which was 51. That's impressive for a petrol by anyone's standards.

#18 ·
I’m quite difficult to impress when it comes to fuel economy, since December 2014 my average is close to 52 mpg. I’ve never fueled the car driven a longer trip in one go and then fueled again, but indications from the board computer after fueling and longer 70 mph trips have been up to over 62 mpg. The best so far between “multi trip” fuelings is 57,3 mpg, I’m not that convinced a small turbo-engine will do much better.

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/676713.html

#13 · (Edited)
So it appears that the 1.5L turbo engine that will be used in the 10G Euro hatch is the one used in the Jade (with VTEC) and maxxed out in power. If the power output is confirmed then my next car will likely be the 10G hatch. The decision to have a 174hp 1.5L turbo in US and Canada makes sense as they also have an Si which traditionally has more power than the base models. That car would probably use a detuned version of the 2L turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
127 bhp out of a 1.0 turbo be nice too I bet if it's like eco boost from Ford I tried 1.0 eco boost focus and was impressed but like was said before under 30 mpg in town is poor but that is what Ford do well in use fuel like is going out of fashion. Was surprised to see new 1.5 diesel doing high 50s combined nice up from low 40s.

#21 ·
Sounds ok . The DMF and clutch issue for engines like the ecoboost have more problems than diesel and on the my old 8th gen civic I used it for mid 80k miles on same DMF and clutch even when remaped to 191 and was driven hard and didn't slip hardly at all when sold . So if driven ok mite have more problems with petrol DMF and mpg is alot less than claimed on ecoboost so let's hope it's honda quality not ford or cheating vw .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.