2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Sport and would like to know if changing the wheels from front to back and visa versa to even out tyre wear and would cause problems with the TPMS.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a 2018 Sport and would like to know if changing the wheels from front to back and visa versa to even out tyre wear and would cause problems with the TPMS.
No it shouldn't, but run the system calibration anytime you change them or air pressure is adjusted.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I had a service last week and asked them to change the wheels front to back and my TPMS went off this week on a long run, I just did a calibration and all sorted.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the tyre pressures are the same back and front, why would the TPMS throw up a warning light and need recalibrating after changing the wheels back to front.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Our TPMS senses pressure by monitoring the rolling circumfrence of the tyre, if it senses a difference it alerts the driver. If the tyres are swapped front to back as in my case the rears have less tread depth and the fronts more, now the rolling circumfrence has changed the TPMS senses this and alerts the driver. A true TPMS system which senses true tyre pressure has a sensor on each wheel, 10th gen Civics do not have this type of system.

·
Super Moderator
1,404 Posts
Same system as BMW used successfully for many years until someone came up with an idea requiring the pressure in the tyre to be measured. Inherently a more sensitive system that leads to false readings. The old system had it's faults but tends to be more reliable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts