2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a wee heads up. Did the weekly shop at Tesco and got a 10p per litre off voucher. Not sure how much you need to spend to get it.

I filled up with momentum for 1.26 per litre - could have got their standard for 1.21.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Just a wee heads up. Did the weekly shop at Tesco and got a 10p per litre off voucher. Not sure how much you need to spend to get it.

I filled up with momentum for 1.26 per litre - could have got their standard for 1.21.
Worth knowing as monthly shop got to be done in next day or so. Looks like Tesco it is then.:)

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,544 Posts
Got my 10p off today.

On my ½ a tank topup though it will save me just over £2

It also goes to show how much they are making per litre because I bet they're still making a profit

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Got my 10p off today.

On my ½ a tank topup though it will save me just over £2

It also goes to show how much they are making per litre because I bet they're still making a profit
They use the discount to attract customers - the fuel sells at cost price but you spend more on groceries! The amount of profit on fuel itself is tiny.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
They use the discount to attract customers - the fuel sells at cost price but you spend more on groceries! The amount of profit on fuel itself is tiny.
Pretty clever really, they will be tempting people to buy a touch more or even come to tesco instead of asda etc to get the voucher and they aren't going to be daft enought to not be making a profit on the petrol as well! Double whammy really...
Shame it has to come to that to get 10p a litre off your god darn fuel price!

Reactions: iceland_potter
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.