2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm a newbie on her, and new to Hondas.

I have just 11days to go untill i pick up my TypeR GT!

Was wondering if you could give my any tips on running in and if you have any advice at all?

Also if you have found any nice little additions that you have added to your cars?

Woody :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tnaks for your reply guys, I went for the NH Black and for the GT. I just can't wait to get my hands on it!

I'm getting more excited each day as it is getting closer!

·
Banned
165 Posts
Ah, got mine today. Done 60 miles in it already, I want to Vtec..but I think i'll be sensible and run the engine in..I'll see what happens 2moro.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Ah, got mine today. Done 60 miles in it already, I want to Vtec..but I think i'll be sensible and run the engine in..I'll see what happens 2moro.
Make sure you run it it guys. You've waited this long, what harm will another few weeks do. It'll be worth the wait!!! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To save £1,500 on mine i am picking mine up from Hull!!! The drive back to essex is 250 miles! So i guess this is a good trip to run it in?!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
To save £1,500 on mine i am picking mine up from Hull!!! The drive back to essex is 250 miles! So i guess this is a good trip to run it in?!

Try and make sure it's a mixture of driving style and not just all motorway driving, as described in the "running in" advice in the wiki :) Munro's posted the links a few posts above.

·
Type R GT R-11299
14 Posts
Me too... :p

I ordered mine on Wednesday this week and I get it next Wednesday... 19th.... Seems I've been lucky on the delivery time.... but garage have been spot on... get an EX tomorrow to drive til next the Type R is ready....

Can't wait.... Red Type R GT with 19" Rage alloys.

·
Banned
165 Posts
Red Type R GT with 19" Rage alloys.
I got mine in NHB..the rages are just awesome!! I love them..so far I have done approx 170 miles since I got the car on monday. The miles are creaping up sooooooooooooo slowly!! I just want to get to 1,000 so that I can open her up!!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got mine finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 wooooo!!!!! I love it! cant stop looking at it!!!!!! but my rev lights dnt seem to be working at all????? any ideas?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
i got mine finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 wooooo!!!!! I love it! cant stop looking at it!!!!!! but my rev lights dnt seem to be working at all????? any ideas?
The only way to get rev lights to come on is floor the accelerator until the car almost red lines!

I think i read on here that some Type R`s have been delivered with the rev lights turned off, you should be able to turn them on using the buttons on the right lower part of the steering wheel! (your hand book should explain how to do this)

And good luck with your new toy[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Glad you like it :D The rev lights start to come on at 7200 rpm if, like Shademaster has said, they are turned on.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They come on near the readline, something you won't be seeing soon, because you still are running in your engine :)

(hmm.. somehow lots of other people were faster than me with this info... well, I guess that's what I get for buying a diesel ;) )

1 - 20 of 45 Posts