2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The US is different. No way will there be a 20k markup on a £40k Civic TR.

Sure, there will be a degree of price escalation due to deliberate limited supply, but the US is a completely different market with different dynamics to the UK.

2 key reasons - Honda USA has infinitely more inherent pent up demand for ALL its products vs what we see in the pathetic UK.

Secondly, incomes in the USA are better than here and people will pay over MSRP to get the car they seek if supply is limited.

· Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,946 Posts
I still can't get over the dealer offering me £1k more than I paid for my Jazz a few weeks ago. That surely means they have customers willing to pay at least £3k over ?

And part of the conversation was that they have plenty of used stock for me to chose from !

Why would I want to change a car where I know the history to one I don't know, especially as mine is only on 3k miles and has zero issues.

· Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That surely means they have customers willing to pay at least £3k over ?
They do.

I've been offered silly money for my CR-V, even more so because its NOT a Hybrid. Cold day in hell before I change....(although I probably will when the 6G emerges next autumn!)

Anyway, think you can lock this thread now @Kremmen as I've posted a new CTR pricing thread too. Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.