2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that the 11G Civic will be getting a Alpine/Here based SatNav.

If so then traffic won't be the old restricted TMC RDS but will allow IP traffic via a tethered phone.

This also sounds like Honda are dropping Garmin and going back to Alpine.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. The new UK 2022 HRV has the latest headunit with Internet connected traffic.

I've looked at the latest HRV manual, after my contact gave me the heads up, and whilst the headunit looks the same the traffic instructions are different.

The navigation instructions and images are definitely not Garmin.

From the manual :

Online Services
To use this function, connect this navigation system
to the internet via Wi-Fi device.
services.
• Traffic Information available via Online Services
2 Traffic Information* P. 89
• Updating map data via Wi-Fi
2 Map Update P. 60
Different than my Jazz

See what you think, the 2022 HRV manual is here :

·
Registered
340 Posts
In fairness, the "new" headunits on the Jazz Hybrid and HR-V Hybrid are morphed out of the current and soon to be replaced US Accord models.

So while they're new to us in the UK, they are already outdated by Honda's longer term planning to dispense with headunits altogether and to collaborate with Google for ICE etc.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been experimenting with Android Auto wireless and it's working perfectly so not having this Internet traffic is not an issue.

Honda enable iPhone wireless by default but disable Android wireless by default. My contact tells me this is because of issues with most older Android phones so it's disabled to reduce support.
Fortunately my Galaxy S10 is on the compatible list and fires up flawlessly.

The Jazz only has one headunit connected USB port and I use that to play my music so wireless was the route.

I've tested both Google Maps and Waze and unlike thousands/millions of others I prefer Google Maps. I find Waze too 'Fisher Price' for my taste.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
25,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, right.

As a buyer, the HRV traffic connected would be OK for me. I wonder if they will update the Jazz unit to receive traffic.

As I said, Android Auto/Google Maps is fine though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.