2,228 Posts
accords also came in hatchback at times
I said a while ago the uk accord became the civic and uk civic became the jazz
ie no accord anymore but the civic got bigger likewise the jazz got bigger too

·
i-Vtec
2,632 Posts
My (bold?) take: this is a new Accord!

Yes, I know Accords were always sedans (4-doors), not 5-door cars, but there are some similarities in this photos to the current American Accords.
Personally i don't think so. This is why the Gen10 Civic got a good bit bigger and Honda dropped the Accord, in Europe anyway, too fill the segment between the Jazz and the HRV. SUV's are king at the minute but a Medium size hatchback will most likely always have its place as its easy on the PCP deals. Its a shame that Honda dropped the Accord in Europe tbh.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I said a while ago the uk accord became the civic
This is why the Gen10 Civic got a good bit bigger
And, IMO, it got way too big, and as @scaramanga said, there's no need for a similarly-sized Accord anymore.

Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I would really like to see back-to-roots smaller Civic, leaving 460+ cm length for a new generation of Accord. One can hope.... (Even though I'm well aware there's basically no chance of seeing a smaller Civic)

·
4,258 Posts
I had an Accord hatchback in around 1986 ish. It was not a big car. Much smaller than my current Civic. It used to wallow quite badly when taking bends on A roads briskly and I'm not talking crazy fast. I swapped that for a Toyota 1600 16 valve Gti hatch. That went round corners like it was on rails. Did have a bit of mild torque steer though.

·
Super Moderator
2,228 Posts
Each to there own
If accord was still on market in uk
I think I'd have looked at 1 rather than 9g civic
I've had 8g and now 9g civic aswell as a 1990 civic that was bassicly a crx in civic shell in its day
And 2 accords
Had a 2000 model and a 2002 briefly
All 5 have been good cars

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting, if this comes out in 2022, that will be just in time for my PCP deal to be up....

The article suggests that the new Type R may have a hybrid powertrain, so there is a good chance it will be an auto. I know this may not be a popular opinion, but had the Type R had an automatic option when I went to the showroom, my bank manager may have been very unhappy with me....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Think it has to be Hybrid as Honda has already declared all future Honda's in the EU will be electrified, cant see them backing out of that.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Read in the motoring press the type r is sticking with petrol only and a 6 speed box basically they are listening to what customers want, the mainstream models will be hybrids so it gives them some leaway on the co2 av for the type r

1 - 11 of 11 Posts