2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was going to fit a rear facing dash camera and power it from the 12V socket located in the boot. However it seems the 12V socket in the boot of my car has no power (tested it with a multimeter) and I don't know why.

Either it's broken, or it never had power to begin with. Does anyone know if that second option is a possibility and if so how could I go about getting power to it.

The car is a 2006 1.8 EX and the other 12V socket near the gear stick works normally just to clarify.

It just seems weird that Honda would fit a socket in the boot but not send any power to it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but just thinking to myself as I was posting this to check the fuse for the rear accessory socket, and what do ya know, blown fuse. D'uh! The thing is though what might cause a fuse to blow on something like that? and the fuse that came out looks discoloured by heat on both metal tabs. Those micro fuses are a sod to get out by the way.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 20A fuse as well and I've never used the rear socket since owning the car, so a previous owner has had something big plugged in there to pop the thing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Out of curiosity, my front facing dash camera is currently powered with a hard line kit running from the option connector on the fuse panel. Would it be possible to run two feeds from this to power both cameras without risking anything blowing. Like running two hard wire kits from the same pin on the option connector?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts