2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all 3 sockets use the same fuse? Hoping it's just a blown fuse...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Its quite easy to blow all the fuses if you have a dodgy plug. I had a cheap plug which shorted when you plug it in so instantly blowing the fuse for that socket. So I then plugged it into another socket and it blew that fuse. I've only got 2 sockets in my car, so I did notice after 2 attempts. ! Won't do that again !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to have a look tomorrow then and see what the crack is! Cheers guys

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
If you have a multimeter you can check the fuses in position as they have 2 exposed exterior 'dots'

Pulling some fuses and disabling a circuit could cause minor issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out each of the 3 fuses had blown! Seems too much of a coincidence, that...

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Car vacuum cleaner, inspection light, compressor ? What else would you plug into all the sockets?
The socket Honda use is tighter than some, and when I dismantled my dodgy plug I found the 'ear' contacts on the outside of the plug could just short to a badly soldered centre connection when you wiggled the plug. Fixed by re-soldering and insulating everything possible.
Well done finding the fault, you just need to stop it happening again when you replace the fuses.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
i had one of my fuses blow and i found the best place for replacemnt fuses was Maplins, they did a multi pack for about £2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts