2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive posted on a few times as the miles built up on the old 2.2. But now she has gone (gutted) The company I was working for went bust so the lease company took the civic back. No major problems to report. The geer box still felt like it was in treacle (maybe new linkage bushes needed). Only major cost was the clutch at 110k. Be warned dont let it slip as this killed the fly wheel as well. It had gone though 7 sets of discs and pads, which seems an awfull lot but I do brake hard. Im now driving a seat leon. You should all try one of these just to make you realise how good the civiv is. Would I get another.... yes if it was another company car , but not if was my own as I think it was way to thirsty (43mpg for me ). What else went wrong... drivers door rubber always kept coming off, used a litre of oil every 11k (so had to put a litre in 1k before service). To put it bluntly really reliable.It had a hard life as well. Well free car and free fuel!! Great on the old company car tax as well. So coming to an auction near you a black 2.2 ex (it has a scrape on rear bumper and broke fog lamp) Would I buy it? Well i was going to, it alll depends on the price.How much woud you pay for it??? 7-8k if that?

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
i would say its worth about 5k ish so could be a great car as you know the history and would be good for a weekend car ect ie short trips

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the history and it sucks lol Had 12k service,24k service then missed the major. Asked the lease company to do it and they said no because i passed the miles so it had another minor at 56k. Then had another minor at 80k. Then went to 130k and had another minor. Not good. Its still got original diesel filter in!!! Shows the abuse the 2.2 can take. it was thrashed from cold and regulary saw its top end. Amazing car.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
No way I'd pay £8k for a car with 150k miles on it!
I paid 7k for my 2.2 EX at 108k miles, fully loaded, leather seats, satnav, hft, panoramic sun roof, xenons. 18" storm alloys. Only thing it's missing to my knowledge is parking sensors and parking camera. Mine is an ex company car as well.
So for a 148k 2.2 EX i'd say 5k sounds about right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts