2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people will do anything to get out of having a service and MOT!!!

I have just agreed a deal on a brand new civic tourer DTEC Black Edition. Crystal Black pearlescent is the colour, I think. ..(I know it's black, but not 100% on which black).

After my 1.4 VTEC, I should notice a huge difference in torque. My alabaster silver civic has quite honestly been the best car I have owned in 33 years of driving. Utterly dependable and a computer average of 48mpg throughout its 40000 mile life since new (45mpg calculated).

But I managed to get a healthy trade-in for it, combined with a really good saving on the new one, so I am looking forward to my new wheels soon.

Once I have it sitting on my driveway, I'll take some pics...The Honda dealership has it in stock so I imagine it will be about a week's time.

I think the Black Edition is the 14year model but I like it, and the deal was awesome.

Onward and upward.....

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Some people will do anything to get out of having a service and MOT!!!

I have just agreed a deal on a brand new civic tourer DTEC Black Edition. Crystal Black pearlescent is the colour, I think. ..(I know it's black, but not 100% on which black).

After my 1.4 VTEC, I should notice a huge difference in torque. My alabaster silver civic has quite honestly been the best car I have owned in 33 years of driving. Utterly dependable and a computer average of 48mpg throughout its 40000 mile life since new (45mpg calculated).

But I managed to get a healthy trade-in for it, combined with a really good saving on the new one, so I am looking forward to my new wheels soon.

Once I have it sitting on my driveway, I'll take some pics...The Honda dealership has it in stock so I imagine it will be about a week's time.

I think the Black Edition is the 14year model but I like it, and the deal was awesome.

Onward and upward.....
Enjoy :)

Reactions: moonlight168

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Congratulations. I almost went for the Black model, torn between looks (Black) or more toys (SE Plus).

Anyway, what's needed here are pictures, looking forward to seeing it:popcorn:

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations. I almost went for the Black model, torn between looks (Black) or more toys (SE Plus).

Anyway, what's needed here are pictures, looking forward to seeing it:popcorn:
Haha, you must have had the same thought processes as me..

Slight change of plan,

Decided not to get the black one. Got the 1.6 DTEC Tourer SE+ in 'Urban Titanium' with lots more toys...

Deposit now paid and I was glad I slept on it.

The Black Edition was focused more on trim, which makes it look snazzy. But I did some more research and like most people, wanted stuff like reversing camera and sensors front and rear, electric folding mirrors. Other toys which are nice include dual zone climate and cruise control, but that is new to me so not something I have really minded not having. I bet I end up using it more than I thought!

Pleased all round with the deal.

I'll post up some shots when I get it, due date is next Thursday. 5 sleeps till Christmas!!!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Haha, you must have had the same thought processes as me..

Slight change of plan,

QUOTE]

Exactly the same as me. I put in an order for Black hatch but later changed to milano red SE Plus. As someone said on here in my posts, you spend more time inside the car than outside, so more toys is better:cool:

Love all the bits on the SE Plus, cruise, auto lights/wipers and camera's are amazing. But best of all is the dual climate control, because I think it's saved our marriage;) My wife's side is normally Hi and my side Low.

Lucky you only had to wait 5 days, took 3 weeks for mine to arrive:confused:

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I was reading those posts on your thread last night. I think it was fordy and I got to thinking how right that is.

I am sure I would have liked the Black Edition but I am really glad I took the night to mull it over. I have now got a smashing motor coming my way.

I went for a test drive in the 1.6 i-DTEC SR Tourer this morning and I found it had lots of oomph.

Great car, as is yours.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think I was reading those posts on your thread last night. I think it was fordy and I got to thinking how right that is.

I am sure I would have liked the Black Edition but I am really glad I took the night to mull it over. I have now got a smashing motor coming my way.

I went for a test drive in the 1.6 i-DTEC SR Tourer this morning and I found it had lots of oomph.

Great car, as is yours.
There no shortage of oomph with the 1.6 i - DTEC and plenty of smiles per gallon enjoy.:perfect10:

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There no shortage of oomph with the 1.6 i - DTEC and plenty of smiles per gallon enjoy.:perfect10:
Cheers, buddy.

Well impressed all round. Great engine, cheap to run, lovely specification and very nice colour. And such a good deal. Well pleased.

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sleep? I doubt you'll get much of that!

Enjoy the torques
Cheers, mate.

I'll miss my little 8G but the 9G Tourer will be tremendous!

Thanks for the good wishes.

·
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have now got the new 9G Tourer. Really pleased with it.
Such a lovely car.
That 1.6 i-DTEC is very impressive. Ultra-economical and plenty of shove when required.

Just a great package.

I will get some pics and post up over the weekend.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
I have now got the new 9G Tourer. Really pleased with it.
Such a lovely car.
That 1.6 i-DTEC is very impressive. Ultra-economical and plenty of shove when required.

Just a great package.

I will get some pics and post up over the weekend.
Tease, lol, enjoy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts