2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to treat the CTR to another xmas present of springs and 15mm spacers (was thinking about 20mm rear but eibach don't do them :()

I've been searching through the forum for pics but the ride height seems to look different with every car I look at, the front on the -15mm looks good but the back still looks high

Last thing I want is to get the -15mm and regret it, but I'm not a teenager any more and can't be bothered scrapping over every speed bump and rubbing on the arches on full lock etc...

Pics would be much appreciated and any cons if any with the -30mm setup, good excuse to show off your motor :p

HELP haha :popcorn2:

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
If you have the standard bodykit then 30mm is fine no scraping but I wouldnt advise if you have the Mugen kit as it will scrape badly .I would also recommend 15mm hub centric spacers all round on standard 18"s .

Attachments

Reactions: calum001

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I'm on 15mm drop and spacers all round and at first had no problems, since having milltek fitted it scrapes on 50% of speed bumps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387437709.266251.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387437740.147816.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Red wheels are a photo shop uploaded wrong photo LOL

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
H&r do 20mm, equal if not superior quality to eibach
good shout totally forgot about H&R, had a set of their coilovers in the past and was impressed with the build quality

do you know anyone running 20mm on the rear, or lower offset and 15mm?

I'm on 15mm drop and spacers all round and at first had no problems, since having milltek fitted it scrapes on 50% of speed bumps
Cheers mate interesting it's that close ! This is what i'm meaning as well, yours doesn't look much different from fourthdisciple :confused:

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
No pics but I've got a set of the 15mm pro kit waiting to go on.

Had abp/eibach -30mm on my old ep3 and had teins which were -30/-40mm on my dc5 and they used to catch all the speed bumps around here, so going for 15mm on the fn2!

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
I got 15mm Eibachs on and no issues over speed bumps or steering lock at all, only scrapes when if I reverse onto my drive as its on a slope but driving on no problem :)

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
speed bumps are ok for me callum if I take them slow ,and it scrapes getting it on the ramp to have my geometry checked they have to use blocks and even then it's close .I think the 15mm springs are enough to improve the handling and the look but each to there own .no way I could have 30 mm I think it is too low.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No pics but I've got a set of the 15mm pro kit waiting to go on.

Had abp/eibach -30mm on my old ep3 and had teins which were -30/-40mm on my dc5 and they used to catch all the speed bumps around here, so going for 15mm on the fn2!
was secretly wanting to hear that the -30mm would be fine with no issues at all [smilie=giggle.gif]

I got 15mm Eibachs on and no issues over speed bumps or steering lock at all, only scrapes when if I reverse onto my drive as its on a slope but driving on no problem :)
-15mm is definitely the sensible option....just need to decide if i want to be sensible

speed bumps are ok for me callum if I take them slow ,and it scrapes getting it on the ramp to have my geometry checked they have to use blocks and even then it's close .I think the 15mm springs are enough to improve the handling and the look but each to there own .no way I could have 30 mm I think it is too low.
ahhh i thought you were on the -30mm lol, the only thing that bugs me is the rear still looks a wee bit high with the -15mm kit, other than that it's ideal

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
you go for a set of coilovers then you can have them what height you want .

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not wanting to go down the coilover route, just think it's a bit overkill if your not doing any track time

cheers Tony found a couple of pics of them on fn2's and the drop looks about perfect

it's just hard to look away from Eibach as i've had nothing but good experiences with them in the past, got them on my 325 at the moment and had them on at least 4 of my other cars in the past

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I have the Teins, 15mm front/20mm rear, and they are just about perfect for all the speedbumps around my area. I only occasionally scrape the rubber splashguards under the front bumper , but no bodywork is touched. Bonus is they are about £50 cheaper than the Eibachs but I can't see a quality difference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the Teins, 15mm front/20mm rear, and they are just about perfect for all the speedbumps around my area. I only occasionally scrape the rubber splashguards under the front bumper , but no bodywork is touched. Bonus is they are about £50 cheaper than the Eibachs but I can't see a quality difference.
thanks mate that helps a lot :D

I'm going to be a pain and ask a favour from anyone that can be bothered so I can finally make my mind up and get it ordered.......

if anyone with the eibach -15mm or -30mm or tein springs could measure the distance from the ground to top of wheel arch at the front and back if would be a great help :adore:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Lowered 15mm on 18" wheels, looks even lower with 17's, I think 30mm might be too much for speed bumps. I've had trouble before on speed bumps.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts