2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into a set of BBS SR's for my 9g, I am trying to fill up the arches as much as possible and as such I'm weighing my options between either 19x8.5 ET45 alloy but then I have to use 235/40 or 235/35 tyres. My other option is 18x8 ET40 with a 225/40 tyre.

Now I am aware that my speedo will be off, that I'm not too fussed with, my main concern is clearance, I've taken a tape measure and had a look and all seems to be okay with clearance but what I'm wondering is what are general experience that others have with 18's or 19's on the 9g.

Final wrinkle is the cars going on eibachs pro springs first so I will remeasure everything before I make a decision.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I have used 8x19 ET 45 with 225/35/19 wheels.

On a Civic Tourer this is the maximum off you can drive without doing modifications on the car.

For 18´wheels no issue. Honda is offering OEM wheels with for the 9G in 18´.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

On a Civic Tourer this is the maximum off you can drive without doing modifications on the car.

For 18´wheels no issue. Honda is offering OEM wheels with for the 9G in 18´.
How are the 19's with a 35 sidewall? is the profile too low?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
How are the 19's with a 35 sidewall? is the profile too low?
I had drivem them in combination with Eibach Springs.
The car was still comfortable to drive.

The Profile is never too low, if you will choice a good Quality tyre with sidewall protection.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
The arches will be filled the same with the 16 or the 19 wheels because the radius of the tyres will be the same to keep your speedo in check.

The best way of removing arch gap is to install lowering springs or coil overs.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Im looking into a set of BBS SR's for my 9g, I am trying to fill up the arches as much as possible and as such I'm weighing my options between either 19x8.5 ET45 alloy but then I have to use 235/40 or 235/35 tyres. My other option is 18x8 ET40 with a 225/40 tyre..

@omz147 - did you get your bbs wheels? Any pics on the car?
@tombrosi - any pics of your setup?

Thanks chaps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I did not. I've decided to do other bits and bobs before buying wheels. I have eibach springs which still need to go on. I will most likely get wheels last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts