2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Had my Civic a few months now and one of the reasons I went for mine was the wheels.

I love the 17" Pentas', I think the look brilliant!

Unfortunately, both back wheels seem to be showing signs of corrosion.

I've not contacted the dealer yet and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this? It's a March 2010 plate so still under warranty.

Should I go direct to Honda UK? If so, does anyone know who best to contact? Email address, etc.

Cheers
DP

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Mine were shocking before I changed the colour
The undersides of 3 of the wheels were ruined (one looked BRAND NEW, which was strange)
Took ages to prep (3/4 of a day..) due to this

If it's under warrenty as you said you should go back to your dealer; depending what they say would determine your course of action :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
My previous civic was fitted with these wheels.
I noticed pitting on these, and pointed the fact out to my local Honda Dealer (Cox Lancaster) who took pictures of the pitting, and sent pictures to HUK.
Was contacted shortly afterwards from local dealer, who said HUK would replace them under the Corrosion Warranty.

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I contacted Honda UK this afternoon and they told me to contact my local dealer who will take pics and send them to Honda UK and they should be replaced.

The guy was very helpful and seemed to think it'll be pretty straightforward :)

I'll contact my dealer in the morning :)

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wee update on this one people.

After a couple of months of back and forth with Honda and my local dealership (Parks Honda East Kilbride, who are the worst people I've ever dealt with in my whole life! Didn't even know where the locking wheel nut was when I took the car in! How can you claim to work on Honda cars every day and not know that?! I actually had to go through the bodyshop and find it for them!) I've got 4 new alloys! Free of charge! Great result :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts