2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all , got a type s 2007 , its a bumpy enough ride with the 17" standards on it , if i swap to fn2 type r 18" will i notice the ride getting worse ??? cheers for any advice

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
hi all , got a type s 2007 , its a bumpy enough ride with the 17" standards on it , if i swap to fn2 type r 18" will i notice the ride getting worse ??? cheers for any advice
but itll look better with 18's!!
just get the eibachs on and that'll sort out the handling ;)

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Same, if anything I feel that the ride is smoother with 18's on.

Also got eibachs on though so this may have something to do with it ;-)

Reactions: celtsof67

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
If left standard you will probably notice a slight increase in harshness due to the lower profile tyre, but as mentioned there's things you can do to counter that.

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
If 17's are "bumpy enough" then its probably not a good idea for you to be considering 18's.

Plus if you're sticking with Honda alloys, you may well see a rise in fuel consumption.

On the bright side, they will look good, though! :cool:

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
If 17's are "bumpy enough" then its probably not a good idea for you to be considering 18's.

Plus if you're sticking with Honda alloys, you may well see a rise in fuel consumption.

On the bright side, they will look good, though! :cool:
I've always had 18's on the Civic from the day I bought it .... my mpg is very good compared to my 1.9l Diesel b6 sat... showing 48.9mpg at the mo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.