2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put the Civic on my ATR wheels yesterday to see how it runs on 17s (Offset is identical) - 215/45/17

Ride comfort was better - not as crashy and much better for living with day to day. Better than the Eibachs too.

But, with the FD2 oil pump the engine spins up too quickly for that size of tyre. I was having trouble with traction on greasy roads and felt like I needed to be gentle on the throttle when pulling away. Good tyres - Eagle F1 Assyms

So I'm back on the standard wheels now. They weigh a tonne compared to the ATR wheels (which I'm sure doesn't help), and it looks like we'll have to stick with them as I need to order a new set of tyres this week and can't be bothered messing around any further. Shame about the power thing as the 17s were great otherwise. I think a 225 tyre on the 17s would have made a difference.

Interesting to do though.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
225/45/17 make a big difference mate. Was constantly breaking traction on the thinner tyres too before fitting the wider AD08r

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet that's a nice setup. The problem is probably not as pronounced on stock oil pump. It just revs so quickly with the FD2, I felt like I was driving the S2000 in the wet ;)

Don't have the funds for new wheels at the moment though, so it's stock for the time being. Maybe next year we'll go 17s.

I'm getting used to that oil pump noise too these days

·
Enjoying life
8,531 Posts
Balance shaft delete BH.

·
Enjoying life
8,531 Posts
Creates a lot of vibration that apparently settles over time
@musegroove can explain :D

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Mainly a booming sound around 4k from the engine resonating kinda like a loud exhaust.

Can't tell it apart from the 3" now however

1 - 8 of 8 Posts