2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've pondered over altimos/storms for a while now on my upcoming Milano Red but can't really justify the cost at the mo.

Does anyone know how much a set of these (with or without tyres) would be at a later date?

Just thinking I could use the 17s that arrive with the car till the tyres start to go, then get the 18s with new tyres and sell the old wheels?

Thanks

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Shaz I know this doesn't answer the question you have asked but I just noticed your location [smilie=cheeky-grin: [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I wouldn't be at ALL surprised if the cost of 4 wheels from Honda (without tyres) was in the region of £800 or so.

This is purely based on experience from previous marques, and a vague recollection of the price against the box I ticked when I ordered :)

Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect a huge market for your standard wheels when you come to sell - you might be able to sell 1 at a time to people who scuffed them when parking*, but other than that, can't think who might want them, sorry :(

* or as spare wheels for winter if you lived a few hundred miles futher North...

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I wouldn't be at ALL surprised if the cost of 4 wheels from Honda (without tyres) was in the region of £800 or so.

This is purely based on experience from previous marques, and a vague recollection of the price against the box I ticked when I ordered :)

Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect a huge market for your standard wheels when you come to sell - you might be able to sell 1 at a time to people who scuffed them when parking*, but other than that, can't think who might want them, sorry :(

* or as spare wheels for winter if you lived a few hundred miles futher North...
17" storms are £850 - I believe that is with tyres.

I want alloys butjust can't afford that; been looking on ebay for 2nd hand ones but never know which ones will fit and need to find how much tyres cost (lots I think)

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
I asked Downeys Honda (Newtownards) for a price they gave me £800 without tyres and not including labour costs. Probably looking around £1300, you could buy a whole car for that!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

I've pondered over altimos/storms for a while now on my upcoming Milano Red but can't really justify the cost at the mo.

Does anyone know how much a set of these (with or without tyres) would be at a later date?

Just thinking I could use the 17s that arrive with the car till the tyres start to go, then get the 18s with new tyres and sell the old wheels?

Thanks
Well over a grand mate...
....i should have had them when i ordered the car....plus you also get the additional trims that fit round the break discs too when you order the wheels at the time of ordering the car. The trims make the discs look bigger than they are, as the wheels are sooooo big...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts