2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post very often but feel compelled to share a great find.
I've owned a Type S 2007 with 18 inch rims and the main things that have let the car down are cabin noise, bone shaking ride quality. It's spoilt the driving experience to a point that I've considered swapping to 17" or even 16" rims.

After trying Continentals, Michelin and Dunlop with no success, I've just fitted a full set of 225/40 18 Kumho Ecsta XT KU37s and wow, the difference is amazing. They soak up or glide over the bumps and are amazingly quiet and have great grip, plus at £60 a corner they are half the price of the aforementioned. From other reviews I've read wear is expected to be good too. I understand the KU39s have similar characteristics if you can't find KU37s. Give them a try I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I'm looking at changing my tires too. All four would probably need changing come service time. For a premium tire the F1 Asymmetric 2's are getting rave reviews on lots of car forums. I'm not really one to race around roundabouts all that often either so some sacrifice in performance over comfort is acceptable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changing all 4 you'll notice the greatest difference.

I'm not claiming KU37 or 39 are better than F1s of others that I've tried in ultimate grip only that the ride and road noise with 18" wheels is a massive improvement over anything else I've tried, the wife swears I've had new suspension fitted.

I drive my 190bhp diesel keenly and I'm happy with the grip and feedback they provide, it's predictable. They're OEM for Mercedes, VW too so are acknowledged as OK.

If you give them a punt I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I bought from Camskills and got them fitted locally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.