2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone prefer?

Standard 18" rims or the upgraded 19" rage ones?

Personally I like the 18's, look better, cheaper rubber and easier to refurb!

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
18s handle far better. far more compliance in the sidewall. 19s feel very nervous on the road imo

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I have a set of standard 18s & a set of rages & to be honest I prefer the 18s for ride comfort & the 19s for looks.

So I'm going to use the rages in the summer when the road conditions are hopefully better & the 18s in the winter.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Had the rages, ride comfort wasn't great, tyres for them were shocking! Kerbed one and a refurb was shocking also! So got rid and have 18s, gloss black with Gers red h decal, look the dogs when they're shiny

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
The car was designed for handling with the 18's hence why the m20 kept the 18's the 19's were just a show upgrade

·
Registered
183 Posts
I can't make my mind up. Sometimes I look at the rages and think they look better than standard then other times I look at the rages I think they look too thin and boney and make the car look like a show pony rather than a drivers car. i think it depends on the angle you view them from tbh. I must admit I'm not a fan of black wheels either. Some with a polished lip look ok on the right car but they are generally not my thing. If you want black wheels just don't clean then IMO. I love nothing better than cleaning my wheels and the clean bright silver contrasting against the shiny red paint. That's not a dig at anyone with black wheels btw. We all like different things and have different ideas of what looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
^^ I'm with you on that one John, not really keen on black wheels as it doesn't show the looks of the alloy and is disguised with the arches and tyres.

Rages for the looks, 18's for ride and handling.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
went from 17" to 18" to 19".

18" are the best all rounder with ride comfort and cheaper Tyre choices but 19" look good only downfall is you feel everything on the road but still handles well

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Standard 18" rims gets my vote just for allround performance over looks. But the rages are nice but anything that makes the car handle worse and more uncomfortable isn't really an upgrade in my eyes.

But Stevegreethams' old car looks sweet one of the few CW with white Rages

1 - 20 of 39 Posts