2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My friend has an old 1991 Honda Civic Base 2-door STD. The body is in perfect shape, but the interior and mechanical parts.. Well, they've got some issues.

The engine is completely new, thankfully. It needs new seats (ouch), and the ignition switch is ****ed. Some tweaker got into it and stole the radio and ****ed up the ignition switch pretty badly, but my friend was able to pull out the wires and hotwire it (sketchy, I know) while he used it. However, he got a new car and doesn't need the old one, so I'm considering taking it. My main concern is finding parts for that specific model. He'd help me put it back together, he just didn't want to put the money in himself and decided to focus on his Prelude, but it's a beautiful car and I'd love to have it. As for replacement seats, do they have to be for that specific model, or would any work provided they fit? Second, since the actual ignition switch is messed up, I was wondering if I'd be able to put a push to start mechanism in it, or if I'd have to go with a traditional one that starts with the key. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts